• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can anyone help me with fancy hand combo's??

pcam16

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Punch out the letters of the alphabet, or even your own name. This way, you have a regular pattern to strike to, which can change concurently with each new letter, thus you can strike in an ordered sequence which varies over the course of the series and doesnt look like some random YMCA dance.

Also with the letters, dont just punch out the way to spell them, use your hooks, ridges and reverse punches to style them out. Style will depend on the punch.

For letters like "G" imagine a big letter G is standing sideways whilst in front of you, and let your punch either go over the G to make an over hand, or under to make an uppercut. The possibilites are limitless.

The letter B could be an inverted Yama-zuki (if read from the right to left)

E could be a Gedan-Chudan-Jodan Tsuki combination.

And theres more which you can come up with.

This may sound silly to you at first, but if you find a way to use it, I'm sure you will use it well.

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

Since you posted this in the Sport Martial Arts forum, I'm assuming you're interested in "jazzing" up yoru kata for competition. with that in mind, I wouldn't suggest it. I've been a forms judge and referee for about 25 years now, and what I look for is good power and technique, not flashy stuff. You won't impress many judges with flash, but you will with good solid and powerful techniques.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

work on your basics and stances, those "fancy moves" become very simple once you understand the concepts and know how to execute them. Do the kata slowly also to get it "set" into your mind,

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn