• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ninjitsu

MasterNinja

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In my opinion one of the best ways to get information about any style of MA is to visit the school and ask as many questions as you can. If it is allowed, attend some classes(either participating or watching.) As far as specifics on the art, I have no more knowledge than what I've seen on the discovery channel. :P However a few MA practitioners around here I'm sure can help. (BTW did you do any searches yet? Have you visited the school?)

-Theadric

White Belt

First I'd like to welcome you.

Here is one of the most unbiased and informative sources on the subject that I've found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninjutsu

Also, do extensive research in the school you plan to attend (no matter the system) because there are plenty of illegitimate schools our there. Check their credentials out.

Oh, and like many others will soon come to tell you...There are no more ninjas. lol

The only thing for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Just so you know, its going to be hard to find a 100% true art of Ninjutsu. I teach a school in PA but I only teach the Taijutsu elements of the art form and once a student attains their black belt I start introducing them into aspects of Ninjutsu.

If you want a quick run down of what aspects of Taijutsu I was taught and what I teach here ya go. The fighting art includes many locks, breaks, take downs and of course different kinds of striking. As well as pressure point strikes and such.

People who tell you they are teaching you Ninjutsu and just sneak around real low to the floor and teach you how to throw punches and kicks that's not Ninjutsu and they should be aware of this.

Willannem is right, wikipedia is a good place to see whats involved in true Ninjutsu.

Any more detailed questions feel free to ask.

Good luck! and if I'm lucky, your refering to my school! :D

Taijutsu techniques may include strikes, kicks, joint locks, throws and many of the techniques found in the martial arts like aikido, judo and karate, etc. While most of its aspects appear external, the dedicated student will find many internal aspects as well.

I copied the above from the link provided, can I just inquire on the actual self defence potential of Ninjitsu??

Decent, just like everything else.. it's very practical stuff, the main issue is that their "practicality" means that they focus a lot on joint techniques and other disabling techniques, which means they often have to train their stuff in pretty roundabout ways. The whole art is dripping with "..can't do this in the training hall/sparring because.." so it can be hard to be confident in the ability to apply what they are learning, but the material seemed decently solid.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia