• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A few general questions.

novastorm

Does anyone else have a little lifting workout they do while mixed into their karate, and what’s a good method for strengthen the wrists (knuckle pushups), just up and down with a light weight? Also I'm having some MAJOR joint problems with my hips, my Sensei told me to do some more stretching and lower my stance / kicks. I lowered my stance(s), and that helps a bit, but is there some day to day stretching I can do to help (like specific stretches)? (She told me some stretches but I'm having trouble getting them to be effective).

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

if your hips hurt, take it easy for a couple of days. As for strengthening your wrists, any upper body excercises should work due to the fact that you have to grip the weight with your hands, and support with your wrists. Talk with a personal trainer, or go to your local Y. Mine has a physical consultant that I can ask quesdtions like that of. Otherwise, use the heavy bag with light to medium power for a bit a couple of times a week...eventually you will get there.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous