• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

terminology question

JimmyNewton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Traditionally those terms are tori and uke.

But with kumite, they might be called: attacker (kogeki) and the defender (hangeki).

:)

p.s

Google search on the phrase: "Yakusoku Kumite"

Edited by shogeri

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

that may be one version, but not what i'm looking for

I believe one is Cogeki (not sure of spelling), and I dont know the other.

thanks though

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

nah, we still havent hit the nail on the head.

I looked online and coulnt find what i was looking for.

thanks for the help though

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

In Goju Ryu we had 6? kumite under the system we did. But for the most part they followed this principle of thought:

"Yakusoku-kumite is the performing of movements against an opponent structured by the basics with an opponent by having the kind of techniques and the directions arranged in advance. It is decided by how many techniques the attacking side uses. It can be ippon-kumite [one-point kumite], nihon-kumite [two-point kumite], or more. The most basic techniques, which are standing, thrusting, and catching techniques, are used. It follows the basics, and both have the same standing position -- if the opponent has the right leg out in front, the other has the right leg out in front as well, or if the opponent thrusts with the right hand, the other catches his hand with his right hand. In yakusoku-kumite, the person who performs defense will use attacking techniques at the end. On the other hand, there is applied yakusoku kumite, in which the basic and applied techniques are structured promisingly for use in an actual fight. The number of techniques used are not limited in applied yakusoku-kumite; therefore, the number of structures are uncountable. Still, this is promised kumite and is usually performed by two people; however, there are practices in which three, four, or even more people perform what is called applied kumite. When applied kumite is practiced by many people, depending on how many are involved, the person on the opposite side will be indicated."

Just putting out some FYI...

Also, what are you looking for in regards to meaning of words?

kogeki means offense (ive)

hangeki means defense (ive)

Tori - A generic term for the person performing a technique. Giver, winner

Uke - The person to whom a technique is applied; often taken to mean the opponent. Receiver, take, loser, etc.

Some alternative for attack might be: raishuu, atakku, batsu, shuurai, kougeki, seme

For offense/offence: kiki, kyoujou, zaika, ofensu, buman / hankou, sashisawari, seme, zaika, rippuku, ofensu

offensive movement: kousei

offender: toganin, hannin, geshunin

defender: bengosha, bengonin

defense: benso, mamori, bengo, difensu, bougyo, boubi

receiving:shuuju, shuutoku, outai, ukeire

----------

Just some more thoughts.

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Also, what are you looking for in regards to meaning of words?

kogeki means offense (ive)

hangeki means defense (ive)

these are the ones i wanting.

thanks!