• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just looking for some downloadable wing chun sticky hand techniques as we do a bit in karate as wing chun is the best for hand techniques and trapping i decided to ask you guys!

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

in my opinion its almost a waste of time to try to learn Chi Sao from a tape.You need to learn it from someone how knows what they are doing.Chi sao is very complex and you can make many mistakes unless you have someone to correct you.The most important elements can't be learn from a tape and or seen on a tape.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

In my view, Taijiquan Tui Shou (push hands) is great alternative. There is plenty of information regarding such online, as well as WT Chi Sao.

Tui Shou is the heart of Taijiquan, just as Chi Sao lies at the heart of Wing Chun.

Tui Shou is easier for some, as it allows for single hand development at first, and then one moves onto hands, and then feet.

With Tui shou, there are four basic skills one develops:

1. Zhan - to adhere or stick up

Jie Li Da Li "borrow force from your opponent and use their force to beat them back"

Using Zhan well, means you are able to make your opponent have to step or jump back in order to regain the balance you take from them. Essentially you with Zhan you take control of their centerline.

2. Nian - to maintain contact

Yi Jing Zhi Dong "using still to control motion"

By maintaining contact, and relaxing, you can continually unsettle your opponent.

3. Lian - follow and adapt

Hou Fa Xian Zhi "launching later but reaching first"

Stay with your opponent, and adjust your position as needed. When opponent attempts to use Zhan to uproot your balance, you use Lian to adapt, and then wait for your chance.

4. Sui - follow and obey

She Ji Cong Ren "forget yourself and obey (follow and or yield to) your opponent"

Follow direction and timing of opponent's force. Keep with them, and let them continue to feel as if they will have a chance to get to you. By following and or obeying, you are trying to set them up, for your own chance to use Zhan.

Zhan, Lian, Nian, and Sui overlap.

With Zhan, the primary focus is make your opponent stick to you.

With Nian, you stick with your opponent, and constantly make change in order to make trouble for him/her.

With Lian, you wait your chance, and continue to change with them.

With Sui, you use it with Lian, and also with Nian.

Since the exchange of push hands involves following many changes and adaptations, along with opportunities to make your own changes, one must learn how to do all four of these concepts continously, and or progressively.

The ultimate goal of Taijiquan is to overcome and then strike your opponent.

Again, unlike the new age movement that has pushed it's way into this Martial Art form, or the geriatric movement as well, this art is not one for pushing, or to just lower blood pressure.

-------------

With push hands, one does not run from pressure, rather the opponent's force. One adhere's to, and seeks out or finds leaks/openings, and if not is found, then they work continuously in an effort to make one. You can either guide or follow, lead or obey. Not to forget that you also, change, remain still, or expel.

One should avoid being too hard, or with a rigid stance, or even too soft or limp.

Elbows in Taiji push hands never raise above the wrist or hand.

One remains firmly relaxed, but does not collapse their arm. The fulcrum remains true to the form which holds it in place.

Use your whole being, and train both mind and body to react accordingly. When your Tui Shou becomes deeply embedded into your body’s basic understanding of balance and control of sensitivity, and or pressure, along with that of your opponent, you then perform at a much more advanced level of skill development. It is then that you are able to truly experience the movement of qi within (and or between) yourself, your opponent.

It is the exchange of yin and yang principles between two people.

The ultimate form of Taijiquan fighting involves Chinese Boxing, along with Chi'Na techniques, as well as pressure point striking as well.

--------------------------

Again, many of the principles are the same, and certainly in many ways, a person will receive the same benefits.

It's just that Tui Shou is designed for bringing out the Taiji in a person, whereas Chi Sao, gives a Wing Chun practitioner, a set of complex mental and physical tools, in which to understand their own body, and that of their opponent as well.

If something is not working, then stop and fix it right then. Else move onto something else, or seek qualified help.

I agree with the above post, in that, no matter how much you read, or watch on tape, nothing replaces actual hands on.

Hopefully this is helpful or useful to someone out there...

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

shogeri, do you have the English translation to all those foriegn words you presented, or were those the translations? And no, i'm not being facetious. Those words mean something in Chinese, but they mean absolutely nothing to me since i don't understand Chinese.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

in my opinion its almost a waste of time to try to learn Chi Sao from a tape.You need to learn it from someone how knows what they are doing.Chi sao is very complex and you can make many mistakes unless you have someone to correct you.The most important elements can't be learn from a tape and or seen on a tape.

Totally agree. Its something you'll have to "feel" to understand. Watching videos are useless.

Right after the numeral is the chinese word followed by a lose translation.

Which is then followed by a phrase that explains it further.

1. Zhan - to adhere or stick up

Jie Li Da Li "borrow force from your opponent and use their force to beat them back"

It's the same for the rest...

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

You usually start in Wing Chun using one hand for Chi Sao two. Not only in Thai Chi. One armed Chi sao is called Dan Chi Sao.

Hope I could help :)

Be everything. Be nothing.