• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

um i dont meen to sound dumn but what exactly is wushu, at first i thought it was just a different name for kungfu, but then someone sade it was a form of kungfu that has more flashyness and alot more stunts in it like Jet Lee and jachie Chan, which one of these is right.

PEACE :karate: :D :) :kaioken: :brow: :o

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wushu is chinese word for Martial Art I believe.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Traditional Wushu, is defined as Martial Arts, or similar to Budo (way of the warrior) in Japanese.

Contemporary Wushu, is what Jade T. describes as modern dance with acrobatic flair rooted in the forms of various Chinese Martial Arts.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

stonecrusher, that was the intent. Wushu was 'choreographed' in engineering under the eye of the Chinese government. It was devised as a means to present the martial arts, with all the flair and little to none of the functionality. Part and parcel to the process of changing the views of the Chinese people that Mao Tse Tung had initiated.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

It's a shame the Chinese are throwing away their heritage which took hundreds of years to develope.I'm sure someday they will want it back ,but it will be to late.Most of all masters have left already or sold out to Wushu.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"