• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wave Master Punching bag

Well, It's empty. I'm taking it back. Maybe worth $50, but not $100. In my opinion, it's not a good bag. They shouldn't advertise water holding it down. My uncle has a hanging bag that he is going to give me. I'm going to hang it in my workout room, and just remove it when I don't need it.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not keen with the wavemaster, as i find it rather 'cute,' but cheaply made and the bag on it is just too wimpy. Like i mentioned recently in another thread, i like the BOB. Filled with sand and some lead pellets in the base and the thing is a rock. As to siphoning it out to move it about... yes, that can be a pain, but so can water.

But, i want to bring something to your consciousness. A Ceiling-hung bag isn't going to be moveable either. However, the absolute best bag i ever had was my old army duffel bag hung from a t-bar outside, filled with a cotton frame which was filled with a combination of sand and shredded sponge (or whatever they call that stuff). The thing weighed a good 200lbs or more, and when i banged on it i felt like i was hitting a resisting opponent. It truly helped me to develop my power punching.

Still, if you're hoping for a home bag, i recommend the BOB... and sand... and lead pellets, and a dog.

A small dog.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

LOL! :lol:

Thanks WW!

It will be a pain to have to lift it onto the chains everyother day, but I'm willing to do that, so it will stay in place. I wish I had only thought of this before. I also didn't know a bag was going to be given to me. Those old army bags are tough, probably just as tough as a P-bag.

Heavy bags are good. Bob is better. Kung Fu Post/Tree is good to have as well.

Wavemasters (standing) always fall over with me. Speed bags, and similar equipment never hurts either.

They both have their place. I want something that responds like a human would. Something that can either get knocked back, bent over, or thrown down.

Good luck!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

:-?

Now someone tell me why this doesn't come on the bag as a piece of standard kit? or why isn't the anti-skid mat integrated directly on to the base? Obviously a common complaint - probably since first introduced - with the product and the manufacturers come out with this band-aid.

"When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, then you can head off your foes with a balanced attack!"

Heavy bags are good. Bob is better. Kung Fu Post/Tree is good to have as well.

Wavemasters (standing) always fall over with me. Speed bags, and similar equipment never hurts either.

They both have their place. I want something that responds like a human would. Something that can either get knocked back, bent over, or thrown down.

Good luck!

:)

I would use my wife, but I love her too much :) :P

:-?

Now someone tell me why this doesn't come on the bag as a piece of standard kit? or why isn't the anti-skid mat integrated directly on to the base? Obviously a common complaint - probably since first introduced - with the product and the manufacturers come out with this band-aid.

Honestly, I'm taking it back. Why should I have to spend another $40 bucks, + shipping, because their reseach and development failed? It's a crappy product, that is suited only for a young child. It's a heavy hanging bag for me.

Well, my Uncle is going to give me his 70lbs Everlast. It's a nice bag. I'm looking on line now for the plates to hang it in my wash room runners