• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kung-fu dates back thousands of years so if it could cause injuries(assuming it is practised correctly) this would have been picked up and because these people practised extensivly there whole lives they were very fit and because most of them lived away from cities they did not suffer from maney diseases because they were not in close confines with lots of other people so many of them would have lived long lives so if it was bad for you they would have picked it up by now. also my sifu's sifu is seventy eight and still very fit and suffereing from no injuries.

also i am fairly new to kung-fu and i can manage about 1 minute 20 secods at the moment (legs parralel to the ground) and buy febuary next year i want to be up to 5 minutes (ive started training quite hard recently)

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil~Exodus 23:2

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.~Lao Tzu

And mankind is naught but a single nation~quran

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing though.

when it comes to modern day stance training, how sure are you that you are training all aspects of stance/footwork that they did in the proverbial old days?

training a stance isn't just about standing in one for hours on end y'know.

this is where i think most of the issues come from.

too often, schools are teaching people to stand in a dead stance with no frame of reference as to what it is in reality. As a result, people end up not knowing how to move properly from stance to stance or as i seem to find more and more these days, few people actually think that a stance is a fighting position and spend too much stationary in one, which ends up being not quite right because they haven't adjusted it to be able to move because of them not knowing of the movement aspect, with the end result being that they are now placing stress/strain on joints that would otherwise be fine.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

my longest time. . . . it was either 8.5 or 9.5 minutes.

But once you get around that range, you're in pretty good shape.

And remember, NEVER, NEVER go low in a fight and pull a crazy horse stance.

EVER.

Remember to use your bridges, jamming, body positioning, closing in, then destroying your opponent with all of your weapons while his body is jammed. Elbows, knees are all very good to use.

In the old days....sensei would have us assume the stance with another student on our shoulders. I can't remember the longest I held it but it was definitely an experience!

8)

yeah i know that 1.

really good for the legs. it also improves your technical perception believe it or not.

This may have been said by others as well:

In regards to this particular stance.

You will tend to limit yourself in regards to only being able to use one hand and foot.

And this also slows you down in regards to transitioning to using multiple strikes with both arms and legs.

I would tend to use the stance for stamina and strength in training, and use it as a transitional gap shortening technique in realistic situations.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Good thinking Kaju...

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...