• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

belated hello

Dragn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some more about Japan.......

I'm noticing that the impact of K1 and pride are really having a big impact on the Karate scene here. Throughout the 80s and 90s Kyokushin was the most prominent karate style, boosted by its reputation as

" fighting Karate". Since the rise in dominance of Muay Thai however, more and more dojos are incorporating kick boxing techniques and training methods. Various new organisations are opting to use gloves and fight under K1 type rules. My own dojo is more Muay Thai than Karate. My teacher often goes over to Thailand to fight, and one of my sempai competes as a pro kick boxer.

The rise of BJJ is very strong too. More and more MMA gyms are popping up all over the place. MA has become very full contact fighting oriented.

Traditonal dojos are becomming rarer and rarer.

I sometimes find myself shocked at the lack of respect for the traditional

aspects of MA training. Its becomming more and more ego driven and competitive.To me the MA has always been so much more than just fighting skills. Thats really just the surface. Particularly in the case of the Japanese Budo arts. I intend to open my own dojo here in the not too distant future and combine the practicallity of modern fighting arts with the depth and wisdom of traditional Budo.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

• 1 month later...

Welcome!

It's great that you joined us drag'n!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...