• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wanted to say hi...

rhoonah

I am new to this site and wanted to say hi to everyone. My name is Joe and I have been studying martial arts on and off for about 15 years now. I have a shodan (1st dan) in Kenpo as well as a shodan in Tai Jutsu. I was recently granted the title of Sensei by a board of black belts.

As I am writing this, my youngest son is pretending to stab me with a toy knife... lol. He started his martial arts training today and he did a GREAT job!!

Well, I guess that is it for now... take care and I look forward to chatting.

Sensei

1st dan, tai jutsu

1st dan, Kenpo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As I am writing this, my youngest son is pretending to stab me with a toy knife... lol. He started his martial arts training today and he did a GREAT job!!

So, Joe, you failed to defend yourself from your son despite your multiple rank. Lucky for you, it was just a toy knife. That means I've got to be more serious in my knife defense training too despite my more than 3 decades of karate play because I could not say to my young son who hit me with a knife in practice: "Son, you attacked wrong, ok?" :lol:

So, Joe, you failed to defend yourself from your son despite your multiple rank. Lucky for you, it was just a toy knife. That means I've got to be more serious in my knife defense training too despite my more than 3 decades of karate play because I could not say to my young son who hit me with a knife in practice: "Son, you attacked wrong, ok?" :lol:

Well, I figured that I could either let my 6 year old with a play knife have some fun, or I could have blocked it, broke his arm, threw him to the ground and choked him out. I didn't think my ex-wife would appreciate the latter so I decided to let him play... lol.

Sensei

1st dan, tai jutsu

1st dan, Kenpo

Well, I figured that I could either let my 6 year old with a play knife have some fun, or I could have blocked it, broke his arm, threw him to the ground and choked him out. I didn't think my ex-wife would appreciate the latter so I decided to let him play... lol.

You are a good dad, Joe. Who knows, someday your son may play toy knife with Old Fart-you, but don't worry he will let you have some fun too. That's how an aging Sensei is often treated in a friendly sparring match by his able-bodied, young and fearless blackbelt students. Some make good "sons" too even in the dojo :lol: