• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kendo, anyone?

Most of the strength training that you will need is in the forearms and the shoulders. Keep those muscles strong and limber, and you should be fine... Anticipation is also a powerful tool.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I practice Kendo at home with whoever I can get to train with.

what i've read about Kendo, is there isn't alot of defense. I would say, go in there and hit first, accurate, and hard.

good luck :) :wave:

don't get mad, don't get even, get ahead

• 4 weeks later...

:P Ive been doing kendo for 5 years now ( im 14 now and my dad started teaching me when i was 9) and i think it's a great sport. Way better then fencing.

Ill tell u a funny story.

My firend Zack, he takes fencing and he invited me to his class. I bought all my bogu, shinai and hakama. And the master of Zack's fencing class challanged me. I totally cracked them up. Their style was so prdictable and easy to counter. My advice is dont take fencing!!! :D

My teacher's law.

What the mind can coneive the body can achieve.

I've been taking kendo for about six months now. It's really a total body workout if done correctly. There are a few basic cuts and stances that are easy to learn, but hard to perfect.

We learn with bokken at first, until yellow belt (2nd) level, when we're allowed to use live steel. I've only played with shinai once, shinai and bogu are for more advanced students where I study.

We spar with chanbarra - padded swords. Way fun!