• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cardio training (to slice off that fat)

Ok, what are some of you doing to lower your bodyfat? I know a bunch of things that you can do, but I want to hear your opinion. A boxer/kickboxer needs to have his cardiovascular up to speed to withstand a 3-4 minute beating. What are some of you guys/girls doing?

I have tried wind sprints, jumping rope, shadow boxing, HIIT Cardio sessions on the Elliptical, and stair running.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ive said this in alot of other threads but i like running to the end of the hall doing 10 pressups and running back then doing the same but change the exercise to crunches, alternets, star jumps and then burpees. you can do this in sets of 5 then 10 then 15 or even 20 but i prefer to start with 10 and then when 1 set is finished work down to 9 the 8 all the way to 1 with out a break. i also like to do ultimate burpees search for the burpree threead in this section for the discription. aslo running sparing skipping and shaddow boxing are great. i also use my bike to travel to most places and go fast enough to build up a sweat i have cut my journey to work from 20mins down to 14.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

keep in mind that you are trying to train two different systems when talking about fight training - aerobic and anaerobic. fighting is mostly anaerobic, so that is the system that needs to be focused on.

This is done via intense bagwork, sparring, sprinting, shadowboxing and balls to the wall bodyweight circuits. cardiovascular endurance can be achieved through running, jumping rope, etc. but should not have as great of a focus.

I created a new workout, and tried it out last night. Tell me what you think.

first 30 minutes (warm-ups and stretching) anything from pushups (till failure) to stretching.

15 minutes on the elliptical machine

3 sets of 3 minutes jump rope, with 30 second rests in between

2 sets of 10 minute bag work (punching, kicking, jabbing)

30-30-30-rest sessions for 10 minutes

30 seconds of Jump&Jacks (as many as I can)

30 seconds of jump rope (fast as I can)

30 seconds of shawdo boxing

the rest for 1 minute.

Cool down for 5 minutes (Jump around, stretch out)

I did this last night, man was I tired afterwards :)

to be honest it sounds quite easy but then thats just for me i havent been training in about 5 months and i think ill be doing something harder when i go back and im well unfit now... wel compaired to what i was like before.

also the more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle. i love to push my self or have someone push me to the limit until i reach MMF and just cant get up from the floor. i find ultimate stress then a good rest works best for me with all training.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Yeah, well...... :bawling:

Just kidding. I'm still not in that great of shape. I'm getting there, but I hope this improves my cardio. Little by little. You being a boxing man, how do you know when to push yourself more on the bag. When you feel tired, when your hands (that have gloves on them) start to feel that burn, when your arms just can't stay up anymore. Anymore advice you can give me to maybe help this workout? Pointers, additions, subtraction? I just threw this together. Keep in mind to, I also lift weight on the other days, and my abs are done then too. I'm taking the next 2 weeks off from lifitng though, due to a wrist pain.

do NOT do 10 minute rounds on the bag. Why? you will never have a kickboxing match with 10 minute rounds. Rounds are 2 - 3 mins each, depending on whether it's amateur or pro - train the length of the round. with a 10 min round, you will pace yourself to last 10 mins... the pacing for that is WAY different than for a 3 min round.

Elbows and knees makes a good observation. Train the length of the round. I like to alternate between short and long interval training. Say you want to train for 2 minute rounds, work the heavy bag or sprint intensively for 2 mins. and rest for a minute. Do this 6-10 rounds. For short interval, try 20 secs intense work followed by 40 secs of rest for a half hour. This type of training gets your body accustomed to short bursts of intense activity and speeds up your recovery time between work periods.

Also, what you eat and drink, or don't eat & drink, will make a big difference in cutting the fat.