• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Any martial art is a good art. It depends on what you want. If you want to tournament fight then go TKD.

If you want more self defense go shorei ryu.

Personaly, I don't care for TKD. Its geared more for competition. There are rules in competition. You will learn some self defense aplications, but if you are going to train to compete, you won't spend much time practicing them. There are no rules on the street. Well! There is one! Don't get beat.

Any way. It sounds like your going to make the right choice. Its closer, cheaper, and more affective.

Good luck and good training.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, aefibird is a girl (Rachael). ;)

:o Your cover is blown ;)

Dang, another of my secrets let out!!

Cheers Patrick!! :kaioken: :kaioken:

:P j/k!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 1 month later...
Any martial art is a good art. It depends on what you want. If you want to tournament fight then go TKD.

If you want more self defense go shorei ryu.

Personaly, I don't care for TKD. Its geared more for competition. There are rules in competition. You will learn some self defense aplications, but if you are going to train to compete, you won't spend much time practicing them. There are no rules on the street. Well! There is one! Don't get beat.

Any way. It sounds like your going to make the right choice. Its closer, cheaper, and more affective.

Good luck and good training.

well just about any art today can be geared towards competition if u train like it.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

youn wha ryu tkd is the best of the best as far as i'm concerned, upper rank training is extreme and you go home with something new every time. our one step system is flawless and our youn wha self defense is crazy and at the same time we hold true to traditional training. fighting patterns, technique, everything. and we don't hold back on the punches. i think it would at the very be worth checking out. we have many schools in many states. younwha.com

be polite, be patient, be alert, be brave, do your best, respect yourself and others.

"you may knock me down 100 times but i am resilliant and will NEVER GIVE UP"

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like you have much to learn my friend, check out other styles with an open mind then come back here with your opinion. you will see that theres oh so much more to offer out there. I'm not saying you have a bad art or anything, but there isn't one ultimate style.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• 1 month later...

It seems you have made a great start in looking around. I would suggest continuing to sample what your city or town has to offer, keeping in mind what you want to put into your art and what you hope to develop through the practice. A couple of years ago, I moved and had to leave my Kuk Sool school behind, and was without a club for 2 years. In the time since then, I intermittently tried other styles by sitting in on a couple of classes to observe and meet some of the instructors and students, but nothing wholly suited my temperament. Quite fortunately, a Kuk Sool school opened in my city (Toronto) and now I'm back training at the martial art that suits me. One's art, whether it be martial or otherwise, is an expression of self. Be true to yourself, and all things will follow.

You will learn some self defense aplications,

Not everyone goes into martial arts with the intention of purely learning self defence. People train for many reasons, SD just being one of them.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!