• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Considering switching styles

Yup. Website is...

http://www.shadowdragondojo.net/

Websites has some good info on it, everything but the price. I was thinking that was to lure you in and kill you, but it wasn't bad $85 a month

Still researching and looking around too. Checking out a Wing Chun class next week. Mainly cause a friend at work is preaching about it. Figured I'll give it a shot.

O

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wing chun is great , but very visually unapealing.While it's extemely effective,it's overly simple.anyways practice whatever makes you happy.Anyways the karate school doesn't look bad.The only thing is that they don't have anything that shows if their part of an organizatin or not.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

That was the one question I forgot to ask. This is still quite new to me. Is it looked down apon if there dojo is not part of an organization?

wing chun is great , but very visually unapealing.While it's extemely effective,it's overly simple.anyways practice whatever makes you happy.Anyways the karate school doesn't look bad.The only thing is that they don't have anything that shows if their part of an organizatin or not.

Yeah, I'm not to intersted in it, but I thought I would give it a shot. I don't want to limit myself. I want to get a broad range of MA before I finally make up my mind. So far, I have attended a Aikido class, TKD (currently enrolled) Shotokan class, a TKD mixed with Karate (not sure what style) and this Shorei-ryu class. I'm checking out at Shorin-Ryu class, and the Wing Chun next week. I know I'm jumping around, I just won't want to wonder, what if :)

don't worry about checking out several schools.It's better if you do that then just jump into something without knowing what else is out there.Also about the organization thing, it's not really looked down upon, but it helps you sort out which school's are legit or not.One more thing if you find out what organization it is , look on the net so you can make sure it's a real one.Because sometimes people will make up names or start their own phony organization.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Another thing that I found out about this school, is that they do not do breaking. What are your feeling towards that. I have never attempted to break a board or brick before, so I really wouldn't mind not having to, but do any of you feel that this is a vital part in MA training, or selfdefence?

It's not.Also a lot of the times they are somewhat cut so when you do your punch or kick it won't be as hard.Let's put it like this,do boxers break boards?No.You know why?It's not necessary.I wouldn't really worry about that unless you really want to break boards.