• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

katas

what katas are usually taught for those up for a green belt i know it depends on the teacher but is there a standard or anything?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/CVQuiK/jackie-pose.gif

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello,

I would guess it depends on the art, so what art are you studying?

Agreed. Also, the best person to ask this questions is your instructor. As you said, it can vary from instructor to instructor, so he's the person you need to talk to.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

illl just say that our green is heian yondan but again its up to dojo prefference. your sensei may decide that heian yondan i not right for your school and have a different kata instead.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

what katas are usually taught for those up for a green belt i know it depends on the teacher but is there a standard or anything?

If your style is Shotokan karate, most likely Heian 1, 2 up to 3. But there's no standard for all shotokan schools. Like what everyone has commented or advised, ask your Sensei or sempai.

Excuse me for pointing this out, but the plural form of kata is still "kata", not "katas". You might want to rectify this. Thanks!