• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT POINT SPARRING??

tobiasboon2

IS THIS MARTIAL ART CORRECT FOR ME?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. IS THIS MARTIAL ART CORRECT FOR ME?

• 1- YES.
    • 2-NO, IT WOULD BE BETTER (GIVE AN EXAMPLE)

I WAS LOOKING AND LOOKING FOR MARTIAL ARTS FOR ME, IN ORDER TO BECOME A GREAT STREET FIGHTER, AND I WAS THINKING ABOUT START STUDIYNG "UECHI-RYU" KARATE (SHOHEIRYU)...BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT WOULD BE REALLY GOOD FOR MY IDEA OF BECOME A GREAT STREET FIGHTER AND BE ABLE TO WIN IN EACH REAL FIGHT I HAVE. BECAUSE IN THIS STYLE, THE TOURNAMENTS AND ALL THAT, IS POINT SPARRING, I MEAN, THE STUDENTS START FIGHTING, AND WHEN ONE OF THEM "TOUCHS" WITH THE CORRECT TECHNIQUE TO ANOTHER ONE, THEN THE FIGHT IS STOPPED AND EACH STUDENT RETURNS TO HIS POSITION AND THEN THE FIGHT CONTINUE AND IN ANOTHER "CORRECT PUNCH/KICK" THE FIGHT STOPS AND THIS WAY.I DONT KNOW IF YOU ALL UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN...PERHAPS I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN THIS, THATS BECAUSE MY LOWER LEVEL OF ENGLISH...SO I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND..IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN, I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOUR OPINION....REMEMBER I AM INTERESTED IN BECOME A GREAT STREET FIGHTER, WIN EACH FIGHT IN THE STREETS.

IF YOU WANT TO INVESTIGATE ABOUT THE MARTIAL ART I SUGGEST, CHECK THIS PAGE: https://www.akao.com.ar

I think that the best sport is football (soccer) because is a wonderful game but the best sport (to do and feel oneself better) is any martial arts :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

After reading your post the first thing that comes to my mind is a question. Why? What is your reason for wanting to become a street fighter? Do you expect to live a life of crime? Join a street gang? Become a mugger?

Any "martial arts" school would be the wrong school for this.

Getting out there in the street and getting into fights will teach you to be a good streetfighter. You may want to frequent a few tough bars too!!

Sorry, I don't get it.

Tommy

hey tobiasboon2 if you want I could talk to you in spanish , being that you say your english is limited.Anyways , what the other people are saying is correct.Sure we all want to win fights,but we don't go looking for them.Anyways if you really want a tough art that does full contact go for muay thai.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Find a mixed martial arts school and fight in the ring.

1 You won't have people pressing charges.

2 You won't get shot or stabbed.

I believe what your looking for is a mixture of BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai Wrestling and Judo. :evil:

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, If I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven.

Such is the rule of HONOR!

• 4 weeks later...

i'm not a big fan of point sparring but i think if done properly, it still has a place in overall training.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

Based on what you wrote, and what you are implying, I said 'NO'.

Uechi Ryu, when taught properly can be very effective. But it is usually taught as a traditional system, so it would take you some time to develop the skills in order to be an effective street fighter on the beginning level.

My first clue, was that you seemed to be in a fix, and needed to have a quick answer to the learning how to fight dilemma.

My second clue was that you are seeking someone who treats fighting as real, and you realize the Martial Arts are a serious thing to approach, and are not meant to just be something you do to pass the time.

Now if you are old enough, and want to be a bouncer or body guard, then perhaps as someone mentioned before, an MMA is better, since they get you going quick in regards to handwork, footwork, throws, locks, and basic submission holds.

Other's may have their own input on this as well, most of what I read has been sensible.

Good Luck, don't quit, and do whatever takes {within reason}.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

"Now if you are old enough, and want to be a bouncer or body guard, then perhaps as someone mentioned before, an MMA is better, since they get you going quick in regards to handwork, footwork, throws, locks, and basic submission holds. "

I have a buddy that used to be a bouncer, but used a traditional style.I don't know how Northern Shaolin would work in that situation . but he used it.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu