elfordo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like almost no one has any faith in shotokan......i took muay thai for 1 1/2 years, i find shotokan much more effective, also even though shotokan is not full contact you dont really need it if know what your doing. Plus muay thai is SO limiting, it makes you too human. Karate(shotokan) can make you better than you are, and it doesnt really on if your 20 pounds over this guy your going to win, shotokan you can only limit yourself not statistics. But there are ALOT of shotokan mcdojos, so becareful anyway.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

To tell the truth, I think you'll find it tame compared to your MT training, and whoop a lot of students supposedly more advanced than you.

Actually , he will loose in every sparring for " uncontrolled violence "

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

if the judges find your technique was uncontolled and it was violent then u get penalized(such as punching a person in the face full force, when you could have pulled it), but its not like that in NS

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't the point of a match to knock the opponent out?

Aikido have names for techniques like "heaven and earth."which represents the creation of the universe along with a philosophical meaning.

Muay Thai have names for techniques like "closing the lamp", which means "punch him in the eye."