• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long did it take you to get to belt level you're at

JKDkid2

It's not quantity it's quality that counts! :wink:

Tommy

Hi, Tommy! Looks like you got another belt here to your credit, buddy.

Is that a black belt that has worn out until it's white? I Guess not, my new belt seems to symbolize newness or beginner status!

:)

Tommy

I'm afraid, although you are a master many times over, you are learning a new style here and must wear the beginner's color. :)

Regards

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me 8 years to reach shodan(1st degree black belt) ,a good few years of those 8 years I spent re-doing the basics by forgeting the wrong moves I had previously learned and learning the correct way !

but it never bothered me.The important thing was the place I was training and the instruction !and I never asked my Sensei about the time for my black belt grading ! ,as a brown belt I did two classes of basic and then the brown-black twice a week for 5 years to reach shodan ,but the thing is even after shodan I continued with the basic class until few years after nidan(second dan ) and they were the best training form for sharpenning your techniques .

Edited by pers

never give up !

nah, I think people are referring to the fact that after enough time the BB tends to fray and look white around the edges.

I've been studying chinese kenpo since last april, and am going to be brown this month.

This isn't typical. I have prior MA training, so I didn't need too much time to study the basics level. I plan to be BB for Cinco de Mayo. Usually, it takes no less than 18 mos to go from brown to black, but like I said, I have prior knowledge, and already know my material...I just have to refine my stuff, and pass that 20 man mass-attack as needed for BB.

In my system, it should take about 4 yrs to get to BB. More or less depending upon circumstances.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

Its taken me 2 years to get to a 6th kyu and im close to going up for 5th. Id say two more years till i achieve black belt.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

It took me three years to acheive purple belt in BJJ.

Belt ranks go - White - Blue - Purple - Brown - Black :dodgy:

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, If I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven.

Such is the rule of HONOR!

About three years to get to iikyu right now, my shodan test is on December 3rd.

"You all come from different instructors, so as I look around the room I may see many different

ways of preforming this kata, however, if you are turning left and I turn right, we have a problem."

-Renshi Thomas Apsokardu (Godan, Okinawa Kenpo Karate Kobudo Koryu Kan)

Matthew Sullivan

It took me 15yrs to reach GoDan and the title of Master from my Shidoshi, training 3 days a week, 2hrs every monday & Wednesday, saturdays 4 hrs. I volunteered to do everything i practically live at the dojo up until this very day.

I beleive that there is no time limit on rank, belts don't make a man, man make the belts.

Here is the ultimate question. who made the first master?