• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Breaking Tournament

I am going to be in a breaking tournament and I am not sure what I want to do.....Strange huh.....We are allowed a max of 3 stations of breaking....Anyone have any ideas of what is good? I have no problem with breaking and using hands or feet is not an issue. I think my problem is I have been helping others in class develop thier program and I guess I am out of ideas.....

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just make sure they flow. I like Spear hand through 1 board, into jumping back side through 2 or 3 to the right of the first break, then about face and assissted back spin through 2 or 3 to finish it up. Flows nicely, challenging breaks, looks great if you smoke all of 'em on the first try.

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor

I am going to be in a breaking tournament and I am not sure what I want to do.....Strange huh.....We are allowed a max of 3 stations of breaking....Anyone have any ideas of what is good? I have no problem with breaking and using hands or feet is not an issue. I think my problem is I have been helping others in class develop thier program and I guess I am out of ideas.....

The highest score I have ever seen at a tournament was someone who shattered through all 4 boards with a single punch. Now, that is not the greatest idea, because there is a high probability of breaking bones, along with boards. What one of my main stratigies is going to be when I enter the breaking tournament is to use a double fist to shatter through two boards (one on the left and one on the right) and move to the center and break the remaining two boards with a single palm heal strike... Just an idea.