• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many "small & struggling" schools are ther

That defines me, anyone else in my boat?

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a very small school...maybe 8 students if they all decided to show up at the same time, which they never do. However, I don't consider myself "struggling", as I'm not trying to make any money from my teaching.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I am not on the same boat , I have my own ..lol

Well our school is a li'l bit small , about 15 persons if they decide to show up at the same time

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I have 6, maybe 8 soon.

Only been open since July tho, I only seek to suppliment my money tho, not get rich. I purposely charge as little as I can.

y2_sub, I didn't know you were the sensei, cool beans.

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate

Just opened a very small new school....that in itself is a bit of a struggle but I am not worried as I am in it to teach, not to get rich. My monthly costs are not much so I only need a handful of students right now. It would nice to have 20 or so soon though!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Well...we have around 17-20 students....we grew REALLY fast at first and u know good things dont last...we had some quit because of grades and some quit because of other things they wanted to do. Our average class is not very big at all...sometimes we have a HUGE class others we have a small class..i'm not complaining our bills are getting paid and everything so we def aren't struggling and we aren't very small considering we've been opened for 2 months.

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

I went to Heidi's demo (actually I was in it), and I don't think she would have a problem ;) My boyfriend refered one student to her dojang ;) Like she said, she's not in it for the money, but she is a great teacher (shameless plug ;) hehehehehe).

Laurie F

y2_sub, I didn't know you were the sensei, cool beans.

Sempai actually -Nidan- .. My sensei - head instructor- rarely shows up so basically I am running the school , black belts - including I - train regularly with Sensei every Sunday at 8:00 A.M.

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike