• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Alcohol and martial arts

JimmyNewton

Aye, agreed. As i indicated in an earlier post, i don't have a problem with alcohol, nor with people who drink alcohol, but with people. The problem is with the problematic people, not with the libation. It is no more logical to remove alcohol than it is to remove guns and think somehow you are going to save lives. If there were no guns in the world, yes... it would be a very different world, but wars would still be fought, people would still take lives. A different tool would be used, but the end results would be similar.

On the other hand, removing personal automobiles from the face of the Earth... now that's an idea i like. :wink:

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never drink alcohol! its caused me major problems a couple of years back, and I just broke down basically and could'nt see how a person who has been in the Martial Arts almost all his 28 years plus a avid bodybuilder get to that point.. I dont care if people drink its a personal choice just as long as they dont hurt anyone or act like a idiot, since I stopped drinking all together I feel alot! better physically and Mentally plus I also always have money in my pocket..lol I would go out on a Friday and Saturday night before I quit drinking with 300 dollars and then go in my jeans pocket the next mourning severly hung over and find a couple of 5's and some change..lol this kept happening over and over and over... plus I made some real dumb choices while drinking such as getting in a car and driving, luckily I was never pulled over by th cops or thank god I never hit anyone, just bounced off some guard rails, and damaged my car.. so you see I just got to a point where I relized I was going to end up in jail or dead if I kept doing this, I chose to stop drinking altogether.. I dont even go out to clubs or bars anymore just restaurants and movies e.t.c.. I cant be around it.. my choice.