• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What I consider paramount to any ki practice

In regards to qi:

Believing that it exists is not half as important as the journey toward understanding how it works within you.

No western methodology will suffice in measuring qi.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I believe in time chi will be better explained in western thinking.Chi is bio eneregy and our bodies are like gaint batteries that creates an energy field.This bio energy is our vitality.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

Actually no eastern thought either...We can come close however.

Qi is not just bioelectricity.

You may want to read the other post I made about qi on 'Ki - I have a theory.'...

These two thread kind of overlap.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found SenseiMike's post very interesting. Understanding ki for me was an intriguing path.

I read books on science related issues and found 'something' although at the time I did not know what it was. I was travelling around the U.S. as a Technical Consultant installing software and realized that I was fascinated by what I had found.

Shortly afterwards, I moved jobs and stopped travelling for work and was able to study Tae Kwon Do. I enjoyed it (and still do) but previously it never related to ki (for me anyway). I will try to incomporate it now though.

I then moved to England and I found Aikido. It gave me what I was missing. I understood the concept of ki straightaway and made the connection to it then I started becoming interested in Zen because of this.

I found that a basic understanding of astrophysics (how big is the universe) combined with particle physics (how small is the universe) started me thinking. What if the universe was made up of invisible grains of sand - and that was it - nothing else. Each invisible grain of sand would vibrate at different levels and be full of positive or negative energy. In turn, the vibrations (related to humans anyway) would reflect moods. (The higher the vibration, the more excited the person might become, etc.)

I then imagined that I was going to pick a specific part of my body and vibrate the energy there - arm, leg, whatever (this was to me the weirdest thing at the time). I am now hearing that this is all normal in certain religions. So basically I guess that's how I found ki.

Finding ki has completely changed my outlook on life and my reactions to people as well.