• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adreniline is hard too explain. You know how when your mad you feel like you are unstoppable and you feel your viens pulsing. thats adreniline. Its like rocky he gets mad before he beats up the guy

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

Congratulations on your 1000th post, elbows and knees!

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

adreniline is hard too explain. You know how when your mad you feel like you are unstoppable and you feel your viens pulsing. thats adreniline. Its like rocky he gets mad before he beats up the guy

i think thats more unadulterated rage :kaioken: but i think adreneline effects ppl differently

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

Wow, there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Sex will NOT "suck the blood out of your thighs". Sex is NOT going to drain you of adrenaline.

Adrenaline is a hormone released in response to a stimulus. Most of the time it is the "fight or flight" type thing, but it can be in response to any stressful type stimulation.

Adrenaline does a lot of things. It temporarily shuts down all digestion, it increases the production of glucose from stores, lots of effects that basically prepare you for a fight.

You can train to get "pumped up" for an event. This is done by having a ritual that you do every time you compete. That way your body goes through the same routine, and you start getting that excited edge.

My personal routine: Night before, iron my dobok, pack my bag. Morning of, get up and have an egg sandwich with bacon. At the tournament, I go through my same warmup, and then when my ring is called, another miniwarmup. I also listen to heavy metal, usually Iron Maiden or Queensryche. That keys my brain into the fact that I'm about to compete, and I start getting that surge.

That will help you out. Think of yourself as one of Pavlov's dogs, it works on people too. :D

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• 3 weeks later...

"Women weaken legs!!" (Mic, to Rocky.)

The best way to reduce adrenaline release is through adrenal-stress training, to get used to the things that cause adrenaline dumps, and to lessen the chances of it dumping.

The best way to reduce adrenaline release is through adrenal-stress training, to get used to the things that cause adrenaline dumps, and to lessen the chances of it dumping.

This is so true. The more experience you have in situations where adrenaline and other stress hormones are high, the better you will keep your wits about you and use it to your advantage.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Wow, there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Sex will NOT "suck the blood out of your thighs". Sex is NOT going to drain you of adrenaline.

Adrenaline is a hormone released in response to a stimulus. Most of the time it is the "fight or flight" type thing, but it can be in response to any stressful type stimulation.

Adrenaline does a lot of things. It temporarily shuts down all digestion, it increases the production of glucose from stores, lots of effects that basically prepare you for a fight.

You can train to get "pumped up" for an event. This is done by having a ritual that you do every time you compete. That way your body goes through the same routine, and you start getting that excited edge.

My personal routine: Night before, iron my dobok, pack my bag. Morning of, get up and have an egg sandwich with bacon. At the tournament, I go through my same warmup, and then when my ring is called, another miniwarmup. I also listen to heavy metal, usually Iron Maiden or Queensryche. That keys my brain into the fact that I'm about to compete, and I start getting that surge.

That will help you out. Think of yourself as one of Pavlov's dogs, it works on people too. :D

Aodhan

Excellent Post! Thank you for the good information!

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu