• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Adrenaline question

I like to avoid adrenaline really. I hate the heart beating hard and all that other stuff. I'd rather have my mind clear and able to make the judgments necessary for any situation, fighting or not. I'm like White Warlock, adrenaline makes me feel weaker sometimes.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Green wrote:

Adrehnaline can make you strong and let you ignore pain, or it can make you freeze up and go into panic mode. If you want to control it, you first got to get used to it.

Great advise!

I was told by my first coach that when you ejaculate, it sucks all of the blood out of the back of your thighs. Thus making the strongest muscle group in your body lacking in nutrients and oxygen.

Most of the boxers power comes from his legs, therefore they need to be in prime condition to fight with.

By the way, how do you get the cute little white box with the quotes in them?

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

I was only told to abstane for a week, but I guess it's up to the coach.

I thought it only took two weeks for blood to fully replenish. That's how long they gave it when they use to do blood doping. So I don't really see any sense in waiting for a month or longer.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Little old ladies can pull a card up off a loved one because of ADRENALINE flow. I'm not sure how this connects with sex at all. ADRENALINE cvan be increased by great levels of fear and other factors (suggesting the above incident. I am not too sure that it is safe to be able to use such a flow consistantly since it does increase strength. Someone might get hurt? I'm just thinking out loud here.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I was told by my first coach that when you ejaculate, it sucks all of the blood out of the back of your thighs. Thus making the strongest muscle group in your body lacking in nutrients and oxygen.

Do you ejaculate blood?? I guess not - so why do you think it sucks the blood out of whatever muscle group? When you get an erection, then THIS is held up by the increased flow of blood but this blood will go back into the circulation when the erection goes away.... But in any case, I don't think that sex and adrenaline are connected. Someone else mentioned that adrenaline might be confused with testosterone here and I think so too. Testosterone is this male hormone that is responsible for male sexual aggressiveness, adrenaline is the fight and flight hormone in both men and woman that is triggered by fear rather than sex thus it is not depleted by sex.

By the way, how do you get the cute little white box with the quotes in them?

The cute little white box appears when you click on the "quote" button in the right upper corner of a post and don't use the "reply" button.

the no sex before a fight myth holds no water... recent studies actually show that sex before your fight or whatever competitive event may actually help you. the thought was that sex weakens leg (notice the weakened feeling you sometimes have just afterward) - that the feeling would last for a while. This is false. The other thing is psychological. sex tends to relax aggression. If you are not a very agressive person to begin with, then sex can decrease that agression even more. In the case of athletes who are OVER aggressive, this may actually be a good thing.

As for adrenaline, it can indeed make you stronger, but what a lot of people don't realize is that a typical adrenaline rush only lasts for a minute or less - just enough for you do get done what needs to be done. Afterward, your body is sapped. This is why some people feel completely exhausted after an adrenaline surge. When you are in a ring fight, you aren't fighting on adrenaline the whole time, like some people like to believe. When you street fight, you may or may not be, depending on how long the altercation lasts.

I like to avoid adrenaline really. I hate the heart beating hard and all that other stuff. I'd rather have my mind clear and able to make the judgments necessary for any situation, fighting or not. I'm like White Warlock, adrenaline makes me feel weaker sometimes.

bingo - perfect example. that's what I was referring to about the weakening that follows an adrenaline surge.

As for your mind being clear, that's just something that comes over time. However, being perfectly honest, you may NEVER reach this sate. I would actually argue that it's a bad thing, depending on the situation. It's always good to consciously think during an altercation, competition, etc. contrary to what some say. there is a difference between thinking and anticipating.