• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your teacher's favorite phrase...

Does your Sifu have a phrase that he always says to you? Please share!

I remember I was in class one day and had just started learning Tai Pe (Great Bird Spreads It's Wings). I'd been working for over an hour on making it to my Sifu's satisfaction and every time I would mess up, he would say...

"Let's start at the begining - that's always a good spot."

He says the same thing when he makes all of us repeat all of our material from white to green. When someone does something wrong, we drop and do push ups, cat styles, and sit ups... :(

I really want to hear what you guys have to say!

Pride is best evident when only you know...

-the motto of my Kwoon

"You only stop when you are dead..."

-My incredible Sifu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember one from my TSD instructor. Us color belts were courious about the "BB" rank. He used to always say that "BB is just the beginning" or "color belts learn the basics, and BB's learn how to use the basics."

My instructor now has so many phrases. He is also Chinese with a heavy accent. I can't understand him half the time LOL.

Laurie F

I can remember one from my TSD instructor. Us color belts were courious about the "BB" rank. He used to always say that "BB is just the beginning" or "color belts learn the basics, and BB's learn how to use the basics."

My instructor now has so many phrases. He is also Chinese with a heavy accent. I can't understand him half the time LOL.

That does sound rather amusing. We have a whole class called "applications", which basically teaches you how to use what you learned. It's funny when you realize that the moves you thought you were good at, are actually rather difficult to apply in real life.

-the motto of my Kwoon

-My incredible Sifu

My senseis say "It is what it is so why worry." But thats not relaly in class and jsut when i'm talking in conversations with them

Also one of their favorite quotes from their sensei that their sensei used to always say and they say alot now too is "The three words that describe any martial art" which are "No get hit."

Focus

my instructor says "winning isn't everything, its the only thing"

and when his patience grows short with me its usually "shek yah" or "ehh shi"

both are not something you want ot hear comign from him...take my word

nomatter what it be, will power and heart produces great things

"martial arts isnt about putting people down, its about picking them up"

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

"You have to do it over and over and over again...so get to work!"

-the motto of my Kwoon

-My incredible Sifu

Well the grandmaster of our system everytime at testing after he gives us a motivation speech he goes "OK! Testing time, look straight ahead" at every test he says this..it never ever fails! He's Korean and it's great to hear him say that. and as for my instructor i cant think of anything he says all the time

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com