• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

A kid from my school goes to Naperville,IL to Jon Sharkey's, just for XMA training. Since he started that, his confidence has grown, his basic skills have improved 10-fold and he has become an awesome competitor in all divisions. I think xma brings out the best of each student in all aspects.

Until you take the risk of getting hurt, you can't heal.

A kid from my school goes to Naperville,IL to Jon Sharkey's, just for XMA training. Since he started that, his confidence has grown, his basic skills have improved 10-fold and he has become an awesome competitor in all divisions. I think xma brings out the best of each student in all aspects.

I think this is an important point. Bringing out the best in students is what it is all about and sometimes it takes a non-traditional approach to do it.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I can say the same thing about shy people I've seen train in my dojo, but we do not do XMA.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I think that it is mainly the hardcore traditional martial artists that put XMA down. Fact is, the world is always changing and some people are not going to agree with it. eXtreme Martial Arts is new, it's exciting, and it's a crowd pleaser. Everything doesn't have to be about "kill your oppenent". I see nothing wrong with taking your training on a different path and trying something new. Mike Chaturantabut started XMA to bring something new and exciting to the arts. I personally applaud anything that will enhance someone's training and keep kids (or adults) motivated to push on.

Until you take the risk of getting hurt, you can't heal.

I think that it is mainly the hardcore traditional martial artists that put XMA down. Fact is, the world is always changing and some people are not going to agree with it. eXtreme Martial Arts is new, it's exciting, and it's a crowd pleaser. Everything doesn't have to be about "kill your oppenent". I see nothing wrong with taking your training on a different path and trying something new. Mike Chaturantabut started XMA to bring something new and exciting to the arts. I personally applaud anything that will enhance someone's training and keep kids (or adults) motivated to push on.

XMA is not new.

Well, ok, the NAME, XMA, that is new. The system to teach it is new. The tricks and stuff being performed is not new. It's stuff that has been used and evolved over the past 10-15 years on the open circuit.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player