• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sensei Thomas A. Casale my shotokan karate teach

JKDkid2

Sensei Thomas A. Casale anyone heard or know of him

he is in the association JSKA-DO my thought on him are divided he seemss like a good teach but he has a lot of bad points. any imput

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The name Casale sounds a bit familiar.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

What are the bad points?

A lot of people don't think I'm formal enough (I know I'm not) but I think my teaching styles fit in with my dojo & student body.

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate

Sensei Casale is expensive goin to you cant pay monthly and you have to sign a contract that you cant get out of. He yells for crap like not finding a rubber stick and calls people idiots for not finding it even though he was the one that misplaced it he just forgot where he put it. He also makes us clean the dojo saying it's a sense of ownership its not so much that im lookin at but hes like mr Jamerson from Spider Man Peter Parker's boss lol

And you train with this person why?

All contracts can be broken.

Traditionally the most junior students were responsible for not only sweeping a dojo, but also for washing down the floor with hot towels after every class....which would be done on their knees.

If you do not like who you train with - look around and find another dojo that is more suitable to your needs. Sometimes a little discipline is good for you though.

"The ultimate aim of karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants." --- Master Gichin Funakoshi

Sensei Casale is expensive goin to you cant pay monthly and you have to sign a contract that you cant get out of. He yells for crap like not finding a rubber stick and calls people idiots for not finding it even though he was the one that misplaced it he just forgot where he put it. He also makes us clean the dojo saying it's a sense of ownership its not so much that im lookin at but hes like mr Jamerson from Spider Man Peter Parker's boss lol

Trust me, if you want to survive in this industry you have to have contracts. They should be FAIR but you have to know that you're going to get paid next month, and how much.

As for the rest, I think you should leave the school, tell him if he doesn't break the contract then you'll file harassment charges because of his behavior.

Does he do knock down tournaments, full contact, or simply point sparring? If it's just point sparring and you want to go into heavy competition, then switch styles to TKD it's similar enough that you'll adapt quickly, and they are all about point sparring tournaments.

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate