• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New teacher

Well, go to https://www.tonyblauer.com, and get one or two complete body suits (they are expensive, but well worth it). Then use them (but not too often, of course) for more realistic practical self-defense training. You may be familiar with mass attack drills (if so, you likely call them something else) but if not, basically one person is in the middle, then they are surrounded by other students, who each attack them with random strikes/holds/whatever, against which the person in the middle must defend (my favorite drill! :D ).

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
my school is in connecitcut, it's generally a kempo karate style but we also mix in taekwondo, jujitsu, and weapons.

If you don't mind me asking the style of Kempo you do is it from USSD or Villari's lineage? The reason I am asking is because if I know your linage I can give you some drills that will match what you teach.

I also teach in CT. so if you wanted to chat on the phone sometime drop me a tell and I can discuss some of the things I do if you like.

Respectfully Yours,

Keith

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!