• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New teacher

I just started teaching at a school that my sensei sold to me. The business is running fine and all that but I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on training exercises that I could do in my class. I kinda wanna add some new things into the mix to keep everyone interested. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My suggestion is not to make any drastic changes in the routine for a while. The students are used to doing things in a certain way and order (normally) and as a new owner/instructor, I wouldn't rock the boat until they get used to you.

Eveybody has their own teaching style, and yours will be different than your sensei's. For the first few months at least, I would just keep things as they have been. After a while, when the students are used to you, then make some changes and add new things if you want to.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

My suggestion is not to make any drastic changes in the routine for a while. The students are used to doing things in a certain way and order (normally) and as a new owner/instructor, I wouldn't rock the boat until they get used to you.

Eveybody has their own teaching style, and yours will be different than your sensei's. For the first few months at least, I would just keep things as they have been. After a while, when the students are used to you, then make some changes and add new things if you want to.

I have to agree :karate:

Keep the "train hard" in your school. If I ever teach, I would want someone to quit (not that I want people to quit) because it's too hard, not because they're not advancing in belts!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Four count pushups/Four count leg lifts

Buddy pushups, buddy crunches, buddy leglifts, buddy wall stretching, buddy medicine ball passing squats

cumulative laps around the dojo executing techniques in between sets

suicide runs

mutiple partner bagwork....

"Question oneself, before you question others"

Four count pushups/Four count leg lifts

Buddy pushups, buddy crunches, buddy leglifts, buddy wall stretching, buddy medicine ball passing squats

cumulative laps around the dojo executing techniques in between sets

suicide runs

mutiple partner bagwork....

We do that regularly

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike