• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 years later...

Whoa...those that I would still want to train with, well, ANYONE!! I'm not selective when it comes to exchanges and the like because I believe that MAists have something to offer no matter rank.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

From history, I would have liked to train with Choki Motobu, Chotoku Kyan, Chosin Chibana, Anko Itosu, Shoshin Nagamine, and Takayoshi Nagamine.

Contemporaneously, I am training with the people I want to train with; but, if I could pick more, I would choose Toshimitsu Arakaki, Yoshitaka Taira, Dan Inosanto, Paul Vunak...

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

From the here and now, I would love to have the opportunity to train with Geoff Thompson, Peter Constadine and Iain Abernethy. All fantastic martial artists in their field but all very practical and pragmatic in their teachings and just what I need. It's just a shame they never seem to come to the South East (Kent) in the UK!

I would also LOVE to learn to hit and kick like (not to mention grow a beard like him)Chuck Norris so I would have to jet out to the states and train with him.

Tatsuya Naka 5th Dan Shotokan

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could train with Morio Higaonna. I practice Goju Ryu style and he is 10th dan.

The ultimate aim of the art of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the characters of its participants.