Makoto

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...I would turn bakc time and learn Tekki Nidan and Sandan from Itosu Sensei in the grounds of the Shuri Palace...now hat would be way kewl.

"The ultimate aim of karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants." --- Master Gichin Funakoshi

Yamaki left IKO a long time ago. When he closed his dojo in Culver City, some of his old students came to our dojo to train afterward.

Kyokushin Karate of Los Angeles @ http://www.kyokushinla.com

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself. It is thinking about yourself less."

Yamaki left IKO a long time ago. When he closed his dojo in Culver City, some of his old students came to our dojo to train afterward.

I was wondering why I never see him mentioned in IKO news or attending tournaments.

All good posts, but I was thinking of the here and now. Of course we would all like t have trained with Mas Oyama and Funakoshi for different reasons. I would also like to know what you would want to learn.

I'd like to train under Kenji Midori then

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I got my wish ;) I wanted to train with a good friend of mine who is a awsome with tech's and forms. She knows who she is (also on KF) ;) I also got my wish to train in traditional Jujitsu (her hubby). They are both so knowledgable (sp?) about MA it's crazy LOL. They are not famous, but it doesn't matter. They know their stuff.

But other than that, if I had a chance to train with any others, it would be my old instructor. Also awsome at forms/kata and techs (well I still do once in a great while).

I think if I have to pick someone that is famous and still alive, I think it would be Superfoot for sparring. And Mike Reeves for breaking.

Laurie F