• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you could train with some one.

Makoto

If you could train from one person to learn one specific aspect of karate, who would that be?

For me, I would love to train with Seizo Izumiya and learn how to do Bassai Sho.

PS I got my yellow belt, kewl. If Dick were here he would be 5dan by now.

Because I said so, and I am that damn good.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to train kyokushin under Oyama Sosai .

If I am to choose a non karate-ka instructor , i'd go with O-Sensei or Kimura

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

All good posts, but I was thinking of the here and now. Of course we would all like t have trained with Mas Oyama and Funakoshi for different reasons. I would also like to know what you would want to learn.

Because I said so, and I am that damn good.

I'm going to try to get my act together and train with Dave Hazard. I wanted to go to a seminar of his a month or two ago but I was ill at the time.

There's also quite a few forum buddies I'd love to go and train with.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

I'm going to go with the trends on this one and pick Royce Gracie, he's inspiring and intimidating.

I'd love to have a tea with Funakoshi Yoshitaka and Gichin. I'd love to ask them contraversial questions, like the one we often hear on these forums :)

Life is not measure in how many breaths you take, but many moments take your breath away

I'm going to go with the trends on this one and pick Royce Gracie, he's inspiring and intimidating.

I'd love to have a tea with Funakoshi Yoshitaka and Gichin. I'd love to ask them contraversial questions, like the one we often hear on these forums :)

I second that. Royce Gracie, or Ali (and you can't say that he's still not alive). Granted... Ali cannot compete at all anymore, but he was awesome!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

If you could train from one person to learn one specific aspect of karate, who would that be?

If I have to choose from among the living, for training in kata, it would be Asai Sensei and for training in kumite, Tanaka Sensei.

Gene

Of course we would all like t have trained with Mas Oyama and Funakoshi for different reasons.

Uhhhh...well, me for one, neither of them makes my Top 25 list of those I would like to train with.

There's a couple of people in this country I would like to train with. Probably nobody that youy've heard of. Ken Penland, Larry Mason, Greg Ohl, James Knoblett to name a few.

What would I like to learn from them? Oh heck, whatever they wanted to teach me! :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"