isshinryuwarrior

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jujutsu I learned while practicing OGJR, was similar to any other Jujutsu style in respect to the basic foundation of what was going on.

We didn't practice many of the on the ground techniques, save for the well known ones.

We did do joint locks, throws, and takedowns (shoulder, leg sweep), and since it is a striking art first, a strike was usually involved somewhere.

Just some thoughts.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Even Shimabuku taught his style differently at different times. His first generation students each had different thought which they added. I have seen kata done differently from each. Of the many of the many 10th and 9th degree black belts in Isshinryu that each claim leadership not too many do things exactly the same.

Relax, you are studying from a teacher who was taught by Don Nagle. Besides, As Kanken Toyama said There are no styles in karate there is only karate

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

your teacher is just spicing up things with other knowledge hes aquired, i dont think there is one systems that is taught exactly the same as the master of old times taught it. theres no use for it to be exactly the same, times change so your self defense must change at the same time

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."