• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

properly blocking

hmm sounds good,but how do you block low kicks with your leg?At my dojo we learned how to block kicks with our legs , but I don't know if it would work for a low kick.It was done by bringing your leg from the outside in while you have your knee raised and from inside to outside too.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below the knee - you could try raising your leg as well.

Or in this instance, if you wanted to, you could kick it away.

Above the knee to waist line level, the inside-outside knee technique (mentioned by Goju-boi) works as well as the one mentioned at the top of this post.

Do both of these as you move onward toward your opponent.

This also takes from the opportunity of kicking as well.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

don't block
why?

A long enough discussion occurred here - http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=22993

Essentially, blocking is the least effective means of defense. It is the hardest to implement, slowest to apply, easiest to exploit, etc...

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

maybe it was takin wrongly, if someone tried to punch me i could block their punch in rare situations and then they would be at the disadvantage, its worked for me in the past so hey whatever works

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I agree with the word adjustment, as it would fit into my own definition of what blocking should really be for.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...