Where are all the Ninjas coming from?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prowling around on the net I came to find for the Japanese Living National Treasures (Ningen Hokuho) there are 115 individuals. Masaaki Hatsumi is not one of them.

wait who said anything about national treasure wats does that even have to do with anything Hatsumi soke is very humble and would say he is a national tresure all i know is that he won awards in a bunch of different countries even from the FBI and the Pope

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

I was refereing to a previous post, which...

..., if i recall, is the Togakure Ryu, through Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi (officially recognized as a living national treasure).

... my terse reply is simple meant to provide some information. I am not slighting Hatsumi, simply pointing out certain "rumors" appear be false.

I brought it up, and i stated incorrectly. Apologies. In my efforts to present the information, i made an erroneous connection based on false statements by one site. In actuality, he was awarded the International Culture Award, from the Japanese government.

http://www.bujinkansf.org/hatsumi/award.htm

He was also honored by the Pope, as previously mentioned. In truth, this one perplexes me, but here it is:

http://www.winjutsu.com/papal-award.htm

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Sorry kivikala i didnt mean to sound harsh i was agreeing with you about the national treasure and was curious where that was said

oh white warlock he recived the award for promoting peace thru taijutsu

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

Well, to clarify one thing... the living national treasure is not an ego thing, so it would have nothing to do with him being humble. It is a status presented by the government for those who maintain the crafts of Japan. This status comes with government subsidies and, of course, special recognition.

But, again, it was incorrect information about Hatsumi presented on a website that i had perused and associated with the above-mentioned award.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

I think that ninjitsu is a philosophy, rather than a set of formd or patterns. Historically Ninjas were spies and stealth assains! Their are many misconceptions about ninjas, like their uniforms are actually red because red and black are both invisible in the dark, it is also red for hiding injuries and showing up undetected at a campfire in red would give anyone a heart attack!!

Once you learn how to sneak and kill with stealth you will be .... Ninja like!!

I am not saying that is all their is to being a ninja, but sneaking killimg and leaving no trace of ever being their is really all threi is to it, nothing mystical or magikal!!

However claiming to be a ninja and making money out of it, is bad!!

I train with the armed forces, i am pretty efficient with my stealth and camoflague, does it make me a ninja.. NO... but i woul say it is basically the same!!

To any ninjas oout here I have deepm respect for you and if I am wrong I will be corrected, providing that you have evidence!!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!