Where are all the Ninjas coming from?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK this is getting heated people fail to realize that 90% of the people who supposely teach ninjitsu are fake cause 1 they just saw some of the techs and see that they have similar techs and add in stealth most of the time you are learning karate not ninjutsu 2 notice i have 2 ways of spelling ninjutsu ninjutsu is the way japanese say it ninjitsu god only knows where that came from

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

I don't know where they're coming from. But I think one may be watching me as I ARRRRG...

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I studied togakure ryu ninjutsu before Masaaki Hatsumi flipped out the ninjutsu and inserted taijutsu, which refers only to the 'unarmed combat' aspect of the physical aspects of ninpo. As to the fakers, yes there are plenty. There are so many because they capitalized on the popularity of the topic matter that hit during the 70's. The two better known are Frank Dux and Ashida Kim (aka Chris Hunter, real name of Radford W. Davis).

For more about one of these 'pretenders,' and their motives as a whole, click here.

Opportunists abound, as do false practitioners. It is not merely with ninjutsu, but with any art form, any study. Only through government intervention or strong private organizations that the riff-raff is kept to a minimum or more readily exposed. Unfortunately, neither of these two interveners are likely to present themselves on these topics, for there are no viable means to 'define' art. And that is the crux of the issue here, isn't it?

I agree with the other posters about 'modern-day' ninjas. Anyone who claims to have studied ninjutsu and also claims to be a ninja is as much in delusion as he who studies kendo and claims to be a samurai. There are none, they no longer exist. It is a foreign word associated with a practice that has essentially been extinct for hundreds of years.

What is practiced in systems like tokagure ryu 'taijutsu' are the traditional studies. Mostly they present the historical material, with a mild presentation of 'modern-day' application. In truth, in order to be the equivalent of a modern-day ninja, one would have to 'work in the field' performing and utilizing today's technological advances to counter today's technological advances. ;)

Hokey mama topic, i must say. :P

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

I don't know where they're coming from. But I think one may be watching me as I ARRRRG...

They will cut your head off and you won't even notice :karate:

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

in order to be the equivalent of a modern-day ninja, one would have to 'work in the field' performing and utilizing today's technological advances to counter today's technological advances. ;)

So basicly you are saying that modern days ninjas are CIA/KGB operatives

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike