• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where are all the Ninjas coming from?

I haven’t seen any real statistics, but from my little bit of research I’ve concluded that Ninjutsu is a very rare Art, especially in the Western world. I’ve heard contradicting numbers regarding the amount of legitimate schools of Ninjutsu in America, but they all seem very low compared to other styles. For instance, you can go into any small city and find a couple Tae Kwon Do schools, two or three Karate Schools, some Judo/Jujitsu and a couple boxing schools. I’ve yet to see a real Ninjutsu school though.

I understand the argument that the Ninjutsu schools are around, but are very secretive and Ninja-like; someone is teaching Ninjutsu, but it is a closely held secret. Even keeping that in mind, I think that the number of Ninjutsu schools is staggeringly low compared to the more popular styles.

Despite the above two paragraphs, I have seen a very large number of people that are “Ninjas”. My question is where are all of these “Ninjas” coming from? Is it just that the idea of a Ninja is popular so people falsely claim to be Ninjas; are people learning the concepts of Ninja and thereby becoming Ninja; are there really that many Ninjutsu schools?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where all these "ninjas" that you speak of come from. I do not consider myself a ninja, even though I practice Ninjitsu. I have never seen anyone on this webiste claim to be an actual ninja. Anyone who has is lying. There aren't that many ninjitsu schools in the US so I don't know where they all come from. My neighbor teaches me Ninjitsu, he is from Iga, Japan. So its not like a school really. Many people do lie about being Ninja because, Ninja are so accomplished and feared, that people want to be them. If you would like to ask me any questions on this subject you can PM me or talk to me on AIM, my handle is TheComradical. I'm not very good at explaining things on the internet but I try, but if you notice, my english is pretty good! :D

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

They come from Antarctica and are trained by penguins.

And no, my claiming that is not as silly as actually claiming to be a real ninja.

A lot of the online ones, if you question them, haven't really gone to a school at all, and are more self-taught ninja's. AKA - They own a Ashida Kim book or two.

There are legitimate Ninjitsu schools, well, as legitimate as things get in the Martial arts world, but those that train there are no more ninja's then a Kendo practitioner is a Samurai, or even a Koryu system practitioner. Those classes died with the feudal age. But boy can they sell books, videos and memberships...

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

Ninjitsu schools are very rare. But there is a Ninjitsu school in Bristol Pennsylvania... mine. Other than that I know of very few. I was taught in a similiar fashion to Ninjitsu(the user).

But calling yourself a ninja is strange for the simple fact it was a life style and an occupation of sorts in Japan. And even if you are a practitioner knowing a few locks and techniques isn't enough to even claim your a Ninja. Taijutsu is still a legitimate deadly artform though.

They come from Antarctica and are trained by penguins.

And no, my claiming that is not as silly as actually claiming to be a real ninja.

Couldn't agree more

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Please don’t think that I was trying to say that everyone that claims to be a Ninja is a fake. I recognize that I don’t know everything (even though I try to tell my subordinates that!). I just thought it was weird how many people claim to study Ninjutsu or Taijutsu. I think it’s very similar to those who claim to study Jeet Kune Do even though their only exposure to the style is a couple Bruce Lee books.

My point is: people shouldn’t put so much emphasis on style, lineage or school. There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but we all gaze at the same moon (or something like that).

Please don’t think that I was trying to say that everyone that claims to be a Ninja is a fake.

Would you believe me to be a knight of the round table then?

Go ahead, say it.

There may be people practicing ninjitsu arts, but they are not ninjas. They are people practicing Ninjitsu.

As a general rule, anyone that says "I am a Ninja" and is serious at the time, is full of cow poo.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!