• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how good do you have to be to spar?

Yea I agree with the above.

I think the blackbelt bud was just helping you get use to you're punches and kicks. Personally I learn better when I know why I have to do certain things certain ways and how it really works. It'll help you train better when you're just single person training doing your 200 kicks and 500punches :kaioken:

You'll also excel faster when you spar with guys that you know for sure are going to beat you.

Now and then new things takes some time to develop, but then again don't do anything you're not comfortable with.

:D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the most popular thing to do (and is also what i do) is when sparring a white belt, or low belt you find what type of person they really are and if they are going to stay in Martial Arts.

Usally the real real aggressive white belts are too cocky,

or actually trying hard and having fun,

that is usally the main two. so i keep my respect and punish the cocky ones but in a respective manor, meaning trying to show them what they do wrong and also prooving that they arent that good as they think they are. thus, they loose that attitude.... that method has worked many times and people actually thank me for being so rough on them, because it makes them so so much better in the future..

:karate:

actually i can remember the first time i sparred with my Master, he did the same thing that i do now, he found out what type of person i am,

when the fight (or slaughter) began, i went in all aggressive and tryed my hardest and he blocked all of them with ease (like i expected) and then when i was tired he then gave me a back wheel kick to my face! :o

i thing he didnt meen to, actually i think i walked into it, but as soon as that happened, he stopped and said..."OH, haha, are you ok?" and i laughed and bowed and said "im fine, im fine sir," and we continued. i think right then, i knew that my master gained alot of respect for me and now i am black belt and his assistant instructor.

(and he still beats me up everyonce in a while, but it makes me soo much better) :)

If you were fighting competetively then obviously you were overmatched. But a good black belt or senior student would know that with a beginning student, he/she would be doing more instructing than fighting, helping the student get used to moving around and using techniques.

• 3 weeks later...

we start sparring pretty early some students after 3-4 weeks, but everyone's just going easy (no contact or really light contact - just touching) the goal is not to beat the freshies up but to get them familiar with sparring, get them used to actually punching and kicking someone, and being attacked.

Well I guess if he was put up against a better fighter it was for a reason.The way I see it if you spar with a better fighter,it makes you better.If you spar with someone around the same level, the progress of learning won't be as fast.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

actually i can remember the first time i sparred with my Master, he did the same thing that i do now, he found out what type of person i am,

when the fight (or slaughter) began, i went in all aggressive and tryed my hardest and he blocked all of them with ease (like i expected) and then when i was tired he then gave me a back wheel kick to my face! :o

i thing he didnt meen to, actually i think i walked into it, but as soon as that happened, he stopped and said..."OH, haha, are you ok?" and i laughed and bowed and said "im fine, im fine sir," and we continued. i think right then, i knew that my master gained alot of respect for me and now i am black belt and his assistant instructor.

(and he still beats me up everyonce in a while, but it makes me soo much better) :)

I wish I could spar with my master... but he is like 6'5'' and i'm 5'7'' also he is heavy weight and i'm lightweight.

Aikido have names for techniques like "heaven and earth."which represents the creation of the universe along with a philosophical meaning.

Muay Thai have names for techniques like "closing the lamp", which means "punch him in the eye."