• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long do you practice for on your off nights from class?

Nice. Very impressive training. I thought I trained hard. Are your forms tough? Require a lot of energy?

Yes the forms I am doing right now are tough, and make me VERY exahausted if I do them right..they have tons of techniques in them, and are very powerful..so yes they are tough.

Thats awsome. Tough training builds touch character. I hope to someday be able to train hard like this!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yep...i am such a forms geek so forms are fun for me..so i really enjoy em!! Sometimes when I'm really not feeling all that great on my forms I do basic form 1 all the way to Koreo from (my highest form) which is 13 forms continuously...and sometimes i do form-a-thon which you go from basic 1 all the way to your highest form..then back down from your highest form to your lowest form with out stopping..which is REALLY fun and extremely tiring like ur about to pass out tired..lol! and as far as kick goes..I really work on jump kicks because mine aren't that great and practice makes perfect so im getting them better!

Edited by younwhagrl

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

Palgue forms, until 2nd red which is my rank then we go into names that are still TKD forms then until brown belt we dont do TKD forms as much we do Shaolin Temple forms, Kun Fu forms, Japanese Karate forms, and Youn Wha original forms

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

• 1 month later...

I personelly train 2 hours with my off days from work and MA class. but I find for me that training under music gets me into a rythem especially when Im training with the bag.

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands

Palgue forms, until 2nd red which is my rank then we go into names that are still TKD forms then until brown belt we dont do TKD forms as much we do Shaolin Temple forms, Kun Fu forms, Japanese Karate forms, and Youn Wha original forms

OMG!! I just read your reply. We also do Shaolin "inspired" forms that my instructor created years ago. Nice! I wish I can see them (forms from your school).

We do Taegeuks till red belt (2nd gup) then we learn bo and Shaolin type forms from then on as well as WTF forms.

Hey we should chat more often. PM me :) Maybe you can teach me Palgue forms (always wanted to learn those ;) ).

Laurie F

I really like the Pal Gue forms, too. I did the Tae Guek forms & then PG 6, 7, 8. I thought they were more interesting than the Tae Guek forms. Then when I trained at an ITF school, I thought those were great, too. Those (the Chang Hon forms) are cool not just because they have deep stances & cooler movements, but also cuz each has a unquie name & a history behind them.

To answer the "What do I do on my off days," I either run or box at the gym at the same community center I help teach karate. But, I think I'm going to be working on forms more. Cuz hopefully, I'll be training for promotion testing, soon.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Yep...i am such a forms geek so forms are fun for me..so i really enjoy em!!

Same here! Forms and kata are the best part of training for me. Plus, they're a great way of practising and learning on your own.

In TKD I only know the Taeguek forms so far (know 1-5 & am learning 6), so I'm looking forward to being able to learn the Palgue forms too. We learn those after the Taegueks.

We often do the "form-a-thon" thing at my karate class too - all the high grades do kata up til the highest level one we all know, then back down again. My karate style teaches 30 kata, so that's a lot in one session! :o

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Overall, once life calms down and people in my family settle down I'll be putting anywhere form 30-40 hrs in a week. I work it in here and there and everywhere :).

But I'm just crazy and I want to win nationals and maybe a world title? Who knows.

As of right now 8 -12 hrs a week. To easy.

Needing to focus...

Overall, once life calms down and people in my family settle down I'll be putting anywhere form 30-40 hrs in a week. I work it in here and there and everywhere :).

But I'm just crazy and I want to win nationals and maybe a world title? Who knows.

As of right now 8 -12 hrs a week. To easy.

Ryokeen-

What style of TKD do you practice?

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player