• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wise Sayings...

Phantasmatic

No good deed goes unpunished

Nature is a mother

Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate

The other line always moves faster

A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth

In any hierarchy, each individual rises to his own level of incompetence, and then remains there

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over

A bird in hand is safer than one overhead

Celibacy is not hereditary

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn

If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what is going on

In case of doubt, make it sound convincing

Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference

BigGuy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The road to perdition is paved with good intentions.

I'd rather have enemies and stand for something than have eveyrone as my friend and stand for nothing.

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

• 1 month later...
love truely or don't love at all

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

"The best way to judge a man's character is to give him power"

-Lincoln

"One has to break a few eggs in order to make an omelette"

-Stalin

"I do not know what weapons world war 3 will be fought with, but world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones"

-Einstein

"Everyone is intelligent, some people just prefer to express it in stupid ways"

-anon

"An eye for an eye will make the world blind"

-Gandhi

"People say that I'm a bad influence, I say the world's already f*****, I'm just adding to it"

-Eminem

"[Cursing in french] is like wiping your ass with silk, I love it"

-The Matrix Reloaded

"Anything is possible as long as you believe in it, is bulls***! You know why? Because that's what I believe"

-A friend of mine

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

"At a certain level, the best explanation is not to explain at all, and the highest communication is silence"

"Nothingness means not concealing preconceived ideas and accepting the unity of good and evil, right and wrong, like and dislike"

"There is no need to struggle to be free, the absence of struggle is in itself freedom"

"Do not think dishonestly. The Way is in the training itself. Become acquainted with every art. Know the Ways of all professions. Distinguish between gain and loss worldly matters. Develop intuitive judgment and understanding for everything. Perceive those things which cannot be seen.

Pay attention even to rifles. Do nothing which is of no use."

"With you right hand,

Showing yang,

Your left hand showing yin,

Lead your opponent."

"A real and true friend is recognized only in fight"

Kill is love

to err is human, to forgive devine

walk soft, and carry a big stick (in my opinion the deffinition of defensive karate)

and my favorite qoute of all time "Thats it, lets go get some coffee" (said by genreal Mcauthor in the korean war right after the first battle at the 32nd paralell)

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• 2 months later...

If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

Thus, though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.

There is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare.

In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment, a detachment or a company entire than to destroy them.

Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Therefore the skillful leader subdues the enemy's troops without any fighting; he captures their cities without laying siege to them; he overthrows their kingdom without lengthy operations in the field.

The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.

To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

He wins his battles by making no mistakes.

Hence the skillful fighter puts himself into a position which makes defeat impossible, and does not miss the moment for defeating the enemy.

that's just a few of the many good sayings from The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

another good one is my signiture

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown

i don't know who said this and i forget exactly how it goes (i read it on the back of a tshirt), but:

"better people have been in prison and lived in the margins than people who have been enshrined in palaces"

"lord, make me an instrument of your peace

where there is hatred, let me sow love,

where there is injury, pardon

where there is doubt, faith

where there is despair, hope

where there is darkness, light

where there is sadness, joy"

-a prayer my grandma pounded into my head whenever she baby sat me :)

"'you know what i say to people when i hear they're writing anti-war books?'

'No. what do you say, harrison starr?'

'i say 'why don't you write an anti-glacier book instead?'

what he meant, of course, was that there woul always be wars, and that they were as easy to to stop as glaciers. i believe that, too"

Kurt Vonnegut

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai