• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wise Sayings...

Phantasmatic

The greatest test of courage on the earth is to bear defeat without losing heart. -- R. G. Ingersoll

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Never go into a gun fight with a knife, Never go into a knife fight without a gun"

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I haven't read all of these, only about half, so please forgive me any repeats.

"I'd love to have a 'battle of wits' with you...but you appear unarmed.

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be liked for what you are not."

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers."

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."

"I bow to no one, and I fight for a cause."

"Have the fearless attitude of a hero, and the loving heart of a child."

"Always forgive your enemies-nothing annoys them so much."

"The basis of optimism is sheer terror."

"When you're right, no one remembers. When you're wrong, no one forgets."

"Cheer up. The worst is yet to come!"

"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film."

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened, but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

"When a man's fight begins within himself, he is worth something."

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become."

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep step to music which he hears, however measured or far away."

"Ask yourself constantly, 'What is the right thing to do?'"

"If, when you look into your own heart, you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about, what is there to fear?"

"Our minds have unbelievable power over our bodies."

"To struggle when hope is banished!/To live when life's salf is gone!/To dwell in a dream that's vanished-/To endure, and go calmly on!"

"Never forget what they did to you, but never let them know that you remember."

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

when an arrow hits you in the arm instead instead of asking questions like were the arrow came from, who shot it and why just remove the arrow and treat the wound ~ the buddha

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." ~ albert einstien

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." ~ albert einstien

nationalism is an infantile disease.it is the measles of mankind ~ albert einstien

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil~Exodus 23:2

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.~Lao Tzu

And mankind is naught but a single nation~quran

The impossible is real… logic is the illusion

-8bit theater

Skill without knowledge is worthless.

"Those who sweat the most during peacetime are those that will bleed the least in war."

- Steven R. Barth

I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger.

- Mencius

I am undefeated in all of Asia. Of course, I have never fought in any of Asia. Which pretty much guarantees I'm undefeated there.

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

- Unknown

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

That's great! :)

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu