• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Workouts when you are all alone..

Question:

What type of workout do you do when you are by yourself...(no training partner)..?

Any answer will be beneficial. Maybe you have a certain drill that you run when you are alone...or maybe something else.

Let me know.

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

push up,hundreds of kicks and seat up and any stressful exercise, i will do any exercise if they r good for me, using some exercise equipment will be more better, i always do exercise alone, how about u try some stressful exercise your ownnself, maybe u will do more than u do with other people

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

could i know what is shadow boxing?

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

Shadow boxing is when you kick/punch at imaginary foes...not unlike kata, but different in the sense that there is no preset pattern other than what you are imagining in your mind.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• 2 weeks later...

my training schedule is:

Mon

4am Technique practice by the ocean (2 mins away), i alternate these techniques i.e one day for hapkido one day for karate.

5am 10km Run

5-6pm Karate @ dojo

6:30-8pm Hapkido @ hall

Tues

4am Technique practice by the ocean (2 mins away), i alternate these techniques i.e one day for hapkido one day for karate.

5am 10km Run

4:30 Sprints @ stadium track

5-7pm Weights and bag work

Wed

4am Technique practice by the ocean (2 mins away), i alternate these techniques i.e one day for hapkido one day for karate one daytkd one day judo.

5am 10km Run

5-6pm Karate @ dojo

6:30-8pm Hapkido @ hall

Thur

5am 10km Run

4:30 Sprints @ national Stadium

5-6pm Karate @ dojo

Fri

5am 10km Run

Sat

5am 10km Run

Sun

Rest

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

Shadow boxing is awesome! Do it almost every day. I also do about 150 jump and jacks, 100 knee ups, pushups till failure (even on bench day), Crunches, leg raises, hindu squats, jump rope... it's endless! :)

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• 1 month later...

Basics, basics and more basics.

If I'm pressed for time, I'll pick one thing and work on it. It might be nothing more than making sure I get the correct pivot on my side kick. If I have more time available, I'll run through the low rank forms and then through the Black Belt forms up to my rank. That, in and of itself, will have me pouring sweat out my ears. Then I get into the weapons forms, and when I'm finished, I'm ready for oxygen and CPR. :lol:

Many times, when I dont have a partner to hold a target, I will play with balloons. Haha..let me explain..

I enjoy WTF style sparring drills. So when i dont have a partner to hold a target, I will blow up a few balloons, and kick them around. I use 3 different collors. One color, I use just plain mid-section roundhouse. Another color, i use one fast step rounhouse, and the 3rd, I use counter technique turning hook kick.

I remember reading a book a while ago, a fantastic book called "The science of Martial Art Training", by Charles Staley. As the title implies, this book deals with the science, and mainly, the biology and technical aspects of muscle movement and training. One thing that I learned from that book that seems very important to me is the "muscle memory" it talked about. Basically meaning, your muscle remembers techniques, so to make throwing a roundhouse, or a punch natural, you must do it many many times. Of course, you need to throw it correctly, or your body will remember bad technique, but if you are in class throwing kicks at 70% speed, your body will remember that. So when I use these balloons, I make sure every kick I throw is at full speed, just as if I were sparring.

It's not really a great substitute for a holder and a slap paddle, and I wouldnt recommend doing this everyday.. but when I want to train, and no-one is around, I refuse to use that as an excuse to not train. Of course, you can always practice forms and other things without a patner, but this is what I do when i want kicking practice and Im alone.