• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How Martial Arts has changed my life.

Without boring everyone with the tale of my life I'll just say that I am not even close to the person I was before martial arts became a part of my life!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without boring everyone with the tale of my life I'll just say that I am not even close to the person I was before martial arts became a part of my life!

8)

AMEN!! As you read by my post..I am def a different person!

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

I know I am a different person, certainly.

I bet some of you remember when I first joined up here, and I was a whiny little yellow belt who complained about orders, pain, not knowing etiquette, and everything else under the sun, and never bothered to change things for herself because I didn't know how. That, and I never had a positive solution.

My more recent posts indicate someone very different, I hope.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

it has also changed my life and it is good to hear it changed someone else's to. before i started kungfu i had always loved the martail arts but i had quit in third grade, and had been having hard times trying to find a new school instead of some 4 week program crap. :x while i was not taking classes for 4 years or even training at all, i got flabby a little over weigt and was always being picked own in school, then in seventh grade, i got in a fight with a champion boxer in my class who had been bullying me, i tried to use karate but since i had not trained in years or practiced i got one move in before he knocked my lights out. that fight changed my life. that summer i finally found a martial arts school i liked and started training there, there i met my mentor. i actually kinda also started it again for revenge, after loosing that fight but, me and that kid became friends. pluss it was in the past and i did not need to bring it up.

I changed through time. The martial arts was one of the various things in my life that i incorporated into my being... but it was 'my' choice to do so, and therefore it was not the martial arts that changed me, but me changing myself via the use of martial arts and other means. I.e., the martial arts, the study of philosophy, computers, art, literature, etc.. all of these were things that "I" opted to subject myself to, because that is what i wanted of myself... what i wanted to absorb.

And thus my joking reference to me being Batman. He made himself. Through the experiences he was subjected to, he had options... and he chose the paths to take to develop himself to what he became.

People make themselves from what they experience, not the other way around, therefore the martial arts didn't change you... you changed yourself and used the martial arts, like a cheap date, to obtain some of the goals you were aspiring to.

You are not a feather in the wind.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro