• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How Martial Arts has changed my life.

We had to give speeches today in instructors course today, and here is mine:

Martial Arts has changed my life more in the year I have been in it, than anyone or anything has in the 16 years I have been in this world. Before Martial Arts, I was very close minded and shy. My dad came home one day telling me that, he works with the Martial Arts instructor here in town. I was like pfft..Martial Arts..and why would someone want to do something like that? I had no idea what Martial Arts was..and to tell you the truth..i didnt care either, and was surely not interested in it at all. I decided to go because I wanted to be in the Air Force, and..that was the main reason that actually got me into Martial Arts. I went to first class..not knowing a soul, and I thought it was a bunch of hoo-hah. As class progressed, and I had no clue what I was doing, and didnt know the significance of all this was, I just knew I was enjoying it, and everyone was...NICE and CARING..nothing I have experienced in activities prior to Martial Arts. Activities, such as cheerleading, had no respect for anyone but theirselves..if even that..but I got to see..this was different, and I quit cheerleading. After a few months in class..I broke out of my shell, and I was not shy anymore, and I had more confidence, and I felt accepted by others for the first time in my life. Outside of Martial Arts, I could tell a huge difference in my self, and and I was a totally different person. If it wasn't for the fact that I walked through those doors to go into my first class in Martial Arts, I would have not have had what I have today...such as the abudance of friends I have..I don't have enough fingers and toes to count all the close friends (my 2nd family) I have gained in Martial Arts. Before Martial Arts..I was practically friendless. If it wasn't because of Martial Arts...I would have never overcame fears that I have in the last year. If it wasn't because of Martial Arts..I would have never got to experience my first passing out. I've did more in Martial Arts than I ever would have in a lifetime if I would not have started this great thing! It has taught me to be more polite, patient, alert, brave, it has encouraged me to do my best, and have respect for everyone. I am doing stuff in Martial Arts..I thought were impossible or and stuff I had no idea they existed...now I've learned nothing is impossible if you have a mind set that you can. So I guess the moral of this story is as simple as never judge a book by its cover, unless you've read it, or know something about it. I hope Martial Arts has impacted your life as much as it has mine.

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Today in instructors course we had tons of people telling how it changed there life and it was just amazing!

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

yeah I was similar to you especially in the part that you couldn't care less about martial arts.I used to be lazy so my mom was why don't you try out martial arts ,and I was like whatever. Then back in the day I always wanted to try out boxing.Then a friend who trained in boxing before and now does Shaolin said why don't you try out kung-fu.So I investigated it after he told me all about and tried out a horrible school,but then switched to great school and here I am.Loving it.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

younwhagrl, good post. I was like you. I was very timmid, and shy. I only had one really good friend (she was like a sister ...still is) back in NJ.

But MA gave me more self esteem, confidence, ect. All my friends I have now are all into MA one way or another, except one, but I'll change that hehehehehe. My best bud and her hubby live like an hour away, but we became such good friends that miles don't matter.

So yea, I totally agree that MA can change a person's life.

Laurie F

hmm I wished more of my friends were into martial arts.Outside the school some like it , a lot don't.Then there are some that want to do it,but never actually do because they don't have confidence.There are a very small amount that actually practice them that aren't from my dojo.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

My best bud is at a different school, but same system, and her hubby teaches me Jujitsu. So It's kind of the same thing. My friend Renee isn't into MA yet, but she wants to learn (downfall for her, she has no money. She just built a house). So I am going to teach her the basics for free.

I know she will like it, and I know I could change her life as well (not that she's that bad off, but it would make her more able to deal with her daily life).

Laurie F