• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we( my husband and I) talk to the TKD instructor and we make a deal. For helping with the rent we make a decision( everybody) to give him $10.00 for student; for example if we have 5 students it will be $50.00 for him and the rest for us. We are going to charge $45-$50 per month and we want to start in January 2006, so it will be enough time for advertisment and planning the classes. We already have somebody interest in the classes. KarateForums has helping us in make a lot of decisions so thank you for all of you that take time and read. God bless you.

Amy

I'm from Columbia lk. :D

Menjo,

That's one of the things that we talk to the TKD instructor. Since our school is going to use his facility that doesn't mean that we attack each other about wich one is better or worse. We are traditional Shotokan Karate.

Trustkid,

I am on the outside of Aiken (actually closer to Augusta, Georgia). When are you starting your school?

I would love to come visit when you get started. The deal you have at $10 per student per month sounds like a dream. I hope it works out for you.

Are you members of any associations or overbodies? How are things going so far?

lk

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you have a good handle on it. Make sure you coordinate things with the other instructor, such as testings, etc. It would be bad to schedule testings on the day they have a seminar, etc.

Also, there could be some crossover in getting people in to teach seminars, etc. There is a school in Scottsdale, Az near me that has 5 rooms and teaches about 9 different arts at various times.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player