• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Black belts in your dojo

How many black belts does your dojo have (that currently train)? List your style, too.

I do Shotokan karate and my dojo has about 10 or 11 black belts.

P.S. This includes the head instuctor.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I train in Youn Wha Ryu and we have 10 black belts (seven bb, one 1st dan, one 2nd dan, and one 3rd dan)

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

Well in our system after we test for black belt they just tie a black belt around your waist with not stripe..you have test for dans..does that make sense?

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

Wow. Thats hard. We have 4 dojangs now (one is about to open). We have one Master instructor (8th dan), 4 3rd dans, I believe, 3 or 4 2nd dans (two of them are juniors), and I couldn't count the 1st dans. In My dojang alone, there are, at least, 10 that actually train.

Laurie F

@younwhagrl: what is the difference between bb and 1st dan...

bb is black belt

1st dan is the first "degree" of black belt.

All 1st dan are black belts, but not all black belts are 1st dan.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Kyokushin , we have a 7th dan shihan , a 4th dan sensei ( my instructor ) , 1 sandan , 5 nidans including me and 2 shodans

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

We have about 40 black belts from 1st to 3rd dan (I'm a 3rd dan). Here is a question along the same line though. How many people have recieved black belts in your studio but no long train and why? Who has a black belt only class? Alot of people who recieve thier belts often quit because they are no longer taught anything new or are made to teach the class they are in just because they are the highest rank.