• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Boxing a big man - tips?

how can i condition my body to take hits? just shadow box, work the heavy bag, then just pound my stomach and sides??

any advice?

thanks for the footwork tips tho = )

ab work. But given his size advantage, two weeks of ab work is not gonna help you much. rely on footwork and making angles. use fents and set up all of your shots. out boxing him is your best if not only option.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Reading things like this make me want to take Muay Thai more and more. However... there is just something about getting the crap beaten outta you, and not being able to work.... just doesn't do it for me.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

^ HAHA good point.... but its worth it.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

• 2 weeks later...

So how did it go? I like to slip there punches and route them right up the middle. It's the last thing they expect and it gains there respect real quick. Throw fast combos then get out quick. You got to overwhelm them.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding