• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Boxing a big man - tips?

Alright so i've been tryign to find someone to box with me. Well never could find anyone willing to. So today an older friend says he heard i was tryign to find someone and he says he wants to. Basically he is 3 years older than me. He's 20 and has a big ego. Anyway he's 2 inches taller than me and weighs about 50lbs more than me. Maybe 60. He has no training, just ego. How should i approach this boxing match? It's all body shots, with gloves. I might just box his freind and he box one of mine, but if i face someone this much bigger than me, how should i box em?

i was thinkin move fast, attack, get out of his range, move, attack. really my only advantage is, i might be faster, and i have some training and decent knowledge. Also should i try and condition my stomach and sides?

We are supose to box in about 2 weeks.

condtion meaning, take soem hits to stomach/sdies etc so i will be use to it.

thanks for your help :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Run, skip, lift weights, do lots of sit ups.

But mostly it is experience, learning to "roll with the punches" as they say, not getting caught of guard and being able to cover up and avoid solid hits to important targets.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

do a muhammed ali just stand their get the air beaten out of you then when the other guys tired knock him out

personally i dont think this is a good idea but it did work

i may not know much about boxing but i do know movement is the key to it dont stay still chances are he isnt as fit as you will be do alot of cv i mean really work hard and then make him chase you around the ring till he gets tired then punnish his poor stamina.

its amazing what difference two weeks can actually make

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.