• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hurricane Rita

Goju_boi

Hi everybody,it's me Goju_boi.Right now I'm posting from a Holidai Inn.I had to evacuate and leave Houston.I really hate it.How was it for the other people that evacuated so far or if you stayed?I just hope that it isn't as worse as Luisiana.I'll keep posting whenever the computer is free here.Wish me luckHope my dojo is ok,I was about to start kobudo. :bawling:

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Goju_boi,

Good luck to you, be safe.

I'm still evacuated, a refugee, from Katrina. I haven't moved back home since we left August 27th, 4 weeks ago today. Power and water came back last week, but we didn't have sewage until Thursday. We couldn't move back because Hurricane Rita was a threat to our levee system and I didn't want to chance moving back into a potential flood zone. As of yesterday several levees that were repaired from Katrina have either been toppled or water has seeped through and breached them again. Neighborhoods are being flooded again, and just after being pumped dry earlier this week.

Also, we have absolutely no food in our house back in Metairie. We took most of the non-perishables with us. All the food in the refrigerator spoiled went power was out for a few weeks. Groceries are fairly limited in the town I'm in, and we're running out of money. FEMA and Red Cross haven't been any help, we still haven't gotten any finical aid. We have made two trips to a town about 50 miles away to buy some groceries, but gas is in limited supply and very expensive.

Hurricane Rita is expected to stall out and continue to drop rain on us. I'll have to wait till Sunday or Monday to see if my neighborhood is safe to move back. Meanwhile, its peanut butter and banana sandwiches for me.

Kicks

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

every thing is ok , your dojo should be fine ,most damages were on south east, i drove to our shop today only one roof pannel was gone, thanks God there is no rain. no gas either, my tank is half already

every thing is ok , your dojo should be fine ,most damages were on south east, i drove to our shop today only one roof pannel was gone, thanks God there is no rain. no gas either, my tank is half already
I think everything is ok because the news said that Houston wasn't really hit hard,and friends told me it was just wind in the area.I guess if the hurricane didn't change it's path Houston would of been hit.I guess we don't have it as hard as Luisiana,good luck to you kicks,it sounds like hell on earth for you.As for returning the news said not to because of traffic,gas,food,and etc. Hopefully I'll be back monday ,but I'm still not going to H.C.C. :) . I hope they have classes at my dojo on monday though.The only good thing though is that it has been like an unplanned vacation here in San Antonio.I've been touring the town so far.Thanks everybody for your posts.By the way P.A.L. are you from Houston also?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

I went by our dojang the other day. It got about a foot of water inside. We have wood floors, they are warped. All our heavy bags got soaked, as well as our mat and some furniture and other equipment. The owners threw all that stuff out in the trash. I don't know when we'll be back in there, or if they will even open up.

Meanwhile, two good friends of mine have TKD schools in the New Orleans area. One lost everything to Katrina. She was able to go back and find a few momentos. The other guy lost his job due to Katrina, there's no clients here for him. So he's in Colorado, near Pike's Peak. He won't be coming back. I might end up taking over his school. This would be my first time running a school. But I'd hate to see those kids lose out on their training. My kids and I know all of them very well since we go train there sometimes. So it won't be too big a shock for them, but it might be for me! LOL

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Hey Kicks, and folks affected by both storms. We are thinking about you here in NY. My prayers and well-wishes to all of you.

Kicks, let me know what you decide to do. I'm helping a friend with her school when it gets going, so we can share info (mainly with her). Best of luck to you, my friend :)

Laurie F

Laurie,

I've been seeing a lot of firemen, police, and disaster teams from NY around here. Thanks for all y'all are doing to help us. I've also seen a lot of rescue teams and National Guardsmen from Oklahoma, so anyboby from the OK, thank you too. Wisconsin has sent many utility crews here. It was a Wisconsin crew that got power back up in my neighborhood. Thank you WI. I know many other states have sent people in, and many people came on their own from all around. Not being in the city that often I haven't seen them all, but I truely thank them all.