• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fight taller opponents!!! :brow: :brow: :brow:

Wear a cup accidents do happen, when people get tired they dont kick as high, no one would intentionally kick you there in the dojo.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

well you are not the only. I too hold back some of my power while sparring and just being agressive getting punches and kicks in and good punches and kicks. But If i need to attack I could but I don't really do.

But you could try to spar like you have something against them or you like them but in the ring their your enemy!!!

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

i somtimes i have this problem of going to easy on people, just not going as hard as how i should do, i somtimes get blamed for going too hard , when i am actaully going easy, cuz alot of people drop their guard constantly, like you would never beleive, so i tap them in the head, and the instructors are like "dont go too hard" , cuz no matter how light, a kick to the head always look brutal

however in terms of the other peolple in the group, heck they fight like seikos, like that one guy i just told u about ages ago, who is got his 1st degree now, jus cuz i am the same heigt of him, regardless of the belt, he kicks my head in proper, i hate those type of people, jus because their such good fighters, they feel they can treat their opponents like ****, and try experimental moves on us

dont go too easy

if they go hard on you, go harder at them back

peace

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

invulnerable ?

Kick the phat guy in the gut!

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

I posted before saying i always just tease people and let them try to hit me. I never got hit but this time i got wacked real hard.

So everytime i spar now i alway take them down before they can take me down. not always a hard take down thou.

"Don't think!! Feel..."

-Bruce Lee

https://www.muaythaiboxing.friendpages.com

This site is dumb but I made it so it is good.

Hey Guys, I think Im cured!! All it took was an opponent that attacked me like a tazmanian devil ( a whirling mass of arms and legs). After that little lesson Ive gotten a wee bit more agressive and coincidentally a lot more effective. I just started to relax and it created opportunities instead me waiting for them. I just stopped looking for the perfect shot and just attacked.

I guess you learn somthing new everyday! :grin:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Hiya.

I agree with Kickchick. I didn't like sparring at first because I didn't (still don't) like to be kicked in the head. I can take body shots all day, but not head shots. But I got used to telling my fellow students, "No head shots, please." They usually agree.

Really early on, I was affraid to get hit anywhere, but I just got in there and tried not to think about it. I kept my mind on BLOCKING lol. I still got hit, but I got used to it after a while.

As far as control goes, no I wasn't confident with my control at first. But I practiced at it. Now that I'm doin TKD, control is out the window lol.

So you're not the only one :smile:

Laurie F